Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow Jax / LimbSavers - Limb Dampeners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    Total concur with the arrow weight, I shoot 420g Axis End Fussed Easton and can tell the benefit of the added weight. The Mac Daddy was a little lose with the Carbon's 3/8" STS and had to use a little electrical tape with the 3/8 shaft. Works great. The stock sting dampener only last a short time on my Pantera and prefers no string dampeners as the best set up is the Limb Saver and NAP apache stabilizer with the Mac Daddy string stop.
    What I plan to put on the Bengal. My Cheetah has an S-Coil the Alien has an X-coil (didn't change it out when I bought the bow)
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i hear the bengal is already one of martins quietest and vibration free bows, you may not need them. i would shoot it without it first and see what you think. being that you already have owned limbsavers before, you will know if you think you need them or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I try and find a happy medium with my hunting bow. I shoot a 385 grain arrow and do what I feel needs to be done to quiet the bow. I like knowing that I can pretty much shoot one pin out to 30 yards. One thing I do want to add about string dampeners......when I do use them Im really like monkey tails, they go on easy and they dont effect peep rotation.......................plus they really do work well!
    Last edited by Thermodude; 04-10-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Went with BowJax on the limbs this time since the Bengal came with Bowjax on the strings. I like to match and I believe they work just as well as the limbsaver versions. They do take a bit more space on the limb however, not a big deal in my mind.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    I have scientific data Although I do not remember exact values and do not currently have access to the data.

I tested both noise level and speed with Bowjax Slipjax string dampeners with my Onza 3 as part of my Hoyt CRX comparison test. Shooting noise was reduced by several decibels but speed was not reduced at all (measured the speed before & after). You could CLEARLY hear the difference in shooting noise and the precision decibel meter confirmed this. I installed the Slipjax dampeners as close to the cams as possible.
    Just checked my data. Installing the Slipjax to strings lowered the shooting sound of Onza 3 (set to 56# with 402 grain arrow) from 87 dB to 83,5 dB. That is a big difference!

In comparison, Hoyt CRX shooting noise with similar string dampeners was 80,5 dB. But Hoyt also has factory installed limb dampeners. I installed the limb dampeners to Onza 3 later, but did no longer have the dB meter available. I would assume Onza 3 would get closer to CRX readings with the limb dampeners.

Arrow speed was 267 fps before and after Slipjax installation.
    Last edited by Phantonza; 04-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    Just checked my data. Installing the Slipjax to strings lowered the shooting sound of Onza 3 (set to 56# with 402 grain arrow) from 87 dB to 83,5 dB. That is a big difference!

In comparison, Hoyt CRX shooting noise with similar string dampeners was 80,5 dB. But Hoyt also has factory installed limb dampeners. I installed the limb dampeners to Onza 3 later, but did no longer have the dB meter available. I would assume Onza 3 would get closer to CRX readings with the limb dampeners.

Arrow speed was 267 fps before and after Slipjax installation.
    That gives me a great idea, Im going to take some data on my Onza with ultrasonic sound detectors doing a before and after with some of the dampeners that Im using! Ill take everythinjg off of it at first to get a db baseline.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I try and find a happy medium with my hunting bow. I shoot a 385 grain arrow and do what I feel needs to be done to quiet the bow. I like knowing that I can pretty much shoot one pin out to 30 yards. One thing I do want to add about string dampeners......when I do use them Im really like monkey tails, they go on easy and they dont effect peep rotation and they really do work well.
    X2 on the Monkey tails, I love them. Now they are available in lots of colors .
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel