Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trayvon martin?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trayvon martin?

what do you guys think about this story. no fighting plz.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot to be said about it I think. I think the law (Stand Your Ground) in Florida is jacked up and needs to be revisited. I also feel like the police in the area are trying to cover up something, either a mistake or for the shooter. There are questionable details to each part of the story and nothing has been made very clear. I'm not against guns or carry - I really wish Illinois would take the corn cob out of it's rear and join the rest of the country and allow it's residents to obtain a carry permit ... but that is besides the point.

The fact that this man called the police and "reported" it and they said not to follow him and he did anyway makes me feel like he was targeting and seeking out a confrontation. The kid was in the neighborhood because he was staying with his father who lived in the gated community. I truly think that race has something to do with this one way or another. Look at all of the video they have from the officers responding and they are all white and the shooter is a white/hispanic or so they say. (I'm white by the way)

I think there were a lot of things missing with this in that they never issued a toxicology report on the shooter, that should have been done immediately as well as a psych eval in my opinion. This man just shot and killed someone, he should be evaluated to make sure he is mentally sound enough to own/carry a firearm. Yeah, he may have been totally fine when he purchased the gun or got his license or he may not have and the system failed to scan appropriately.

It's a muddy thing and everyone that has paid any attention to it will have something to say one way or another. We are all given that right, whether we are correct or not is another story.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Something about this story is missing...............Im just not sure I get it? In my 50 years not counting my time in the Marine Corp Ive been envolved in a few " highly motivated arguments"..........if you know what Im saying. And at no time did I feel the need to pull a pistol and shoot my opponent!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that is missing. Trayvon Martin is being shown as a young kid in most of his Pictures. The truth of what he looked like at the time of the shooting is 6'2" and very big man. Not an Innocent looking kid.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

droppixel your right there should have been a eval on the shooter. I do think there is a lot missing from the story. Me and my wife have are permits to carry and there is no eval need to get a carry permit. I think there should be. But I think your right the man was looking for a trouble. I try not to judge a man by his looks. I have a lot of black,white,spanish, and other friend. Most of them are long time bikers. The type if you did not know them you would be afraid of them. But back to the shooting I dont know if we will ever know. I have listen to all the story and read a lot about it and botom line is I think the shooter want to confront the other man. I think if he let him pass there would not have been a shooting.

Like the one man sayed I also been in some bad spot and I never had to us my side arm. Keep your cool and thing will not get to that. Some peaple if you arm them they go looking for all the trouble they can find. I have seen this a lot.

but in this shooting I think color did have some thing to do with it also. I would like to see the day when color dont matter. I will never see it in my life time

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    One thing that is missing. Trayvon Martin is being shown as a young kid in most of his Pictures. The truth of what he looked like at the time of the shooting is 6'2" and very big man. Not an Innocent looking kid.

Hutch
    exactly, he didnt look so innocent. using gang signs and such he definetly had the look of a troublemaker in his more recent photos, which conveniently are no where on the news. only childhood pictures of him. the shooter has a huge gash in the back of his head and a busted up face. the only witness there said the shooter was screaming for his life. he got beat up, thats for sure. It does seem as if the shooter provoked the incident, but i dont know why anyone would think he had a physch issue just because he has the guts to pull the trigger. of course the news wants it to be a race issue. white/hispanic, wtf is that....thats intentional. its all about the money and politics, the democrats are on their last leg this year and this is their plea.....trayvons mother trademarked two quotes that have been mentioned in all the protesting, so that tells you their is money floating around within the issue. even if trayvon was innocent, he doesnt deserve the praise hes getting, people get shot everyday. there have been tons of people shot since he was shot. hes even getting a book wrote about him. 2 weeks ago a white mother and her two children from my church were shot to death in their homes, it didnt even make the news. the same people that make this issue huge are the same kind of people that wanted to raise the state flag when whitney houston died. None of this was directed towards you guys, have a good day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

one thing i think we all can agree on though, is that if the shooter had left him alone, there wouldnt have been a confrontation. Yes this is true, but to be honest i cant hate the man for wanting to seek out a potential probelm, whatever that may have been.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    exactly, he didnt look so innocent. using gang signs and such he definetly had the look of a troublemaker in his more recent photos, which conveniently are no where on the news. only childhood pictures of him. the shooter has a huge gash in the back of his head and a busted up face. the only witness there said the shooter was screaming for his life. he got beat up, thats for sure. It does seem as if the shooter provoked the incident, but i dont know why anyone would think he had a physch issue just because he has the guts to pull the trigger. of course the news wants it to be a race issue. white/hispanic, wtf is that....thats intentional. its all about the money and politics, the democrats are on their last leg this year and this is their plea.....trayvons mother trademarked two quotes that have been mentioned in all the protesting, so that tells you their is money floating around within the issue. even if trayvon was innocent, he doesnt deserve the praise hes getting, people get shot everyday. there have been tons of people shot since he was shot. hes even getting a book wrote about him. 2 weeks ago a white mother and her two children from my church were shot to death in their homes, it didnt even make the news. the same people that make this issue huge are the same kind of people that wanted to raise the state flag when whitney houston died. None of this was directed towards you guys, have a good day.
    You clearly haven't seen the video survelance from the night he came into the station with the police then. He looked clean as a whistle ...

Aside from that, the attention this is gathering has been a little mind boggling. You are right, there are people getting shot and killed every day. When is the last time you heard about a soldier who was just killed in the middle east?? Or in your instance a family in your town?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just a redneck retired army offices that lives in the woods that has too many guns and bows. Something smells a fowl with the whole process of all the accounts that night in Florida. Special prosecutor Angela Corey is tough, I'm sure she not going to let any stone unturned. Charges will happen; it's just what charges and how the jury sees the story and or how it's painted to them. The ways the law is written in Florida it would be hard to get a 1st degree charge. I can guarantee that this trial will be all over the networks, it will have the change to explode with any decision from the jury. Let's all sit back and sees how this unfolds as a nation watches.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Charges and an arrest are expected to come today