Thread: Why no Pro Staff Traditional Shooters?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why no Pro Staff Traditional Shooters?

I was in attendance at the 2012 ASA Southwest Shootout in Paris TX, The course was awesome! (Extremely muddy though) I usually shoot my Bamboo Viper, but unfortunately the string was damaged and I didn't have a spare...I know, shame on me! The date of the tournament crept up on me, and I simply didn't get a string in time. So I took my spare longbow and headed out. Another unfortunate and unplanned error on my part was forgetting to grab my correctly spined arrows for my spare. The arrows I had didn't agree too well the spare longbow. I had horrible arrow flight..and shot 100 pts under my abilities. Lesson learned..anyway back to the point of the thread..why are there no Martin Pro Staff Traditional Shooters? There were Hoyt Pro Staff Traditional shooters in attendance, that's what spurred me to ask. If there actually are, I apologize for my ignorance. It just seemed odd, and is a simple observation. I will post up some pics when I get home of the event..

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice course, quite a mixture of bows on the practice line. To awnser your question, perhaps its because Martin does'nt make an Olympic style bow, Martin's traditional line seems geared more toward hunters. More advertizing dollars that Martin does'nt spend would be my guess. Gonna get an extra string for your Bamboo Viper now? Had nearly the same thing happen to me, ONCE! Way back in the day, my second deer season, I nicked my string on my 67 1/2 Bear Super Kodiak, and had no spare, had to hang around camp the last day of the opening weekend, while the rest of the group hunted. Worst part about it was, I made strings. Made two when I got home that Sunday night.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Looks like a nice course, quite a mixture of bows on the practice line. To awnser your question, perhaps its because Martin does'nt make an Olympic style bow, Martin's traditional line seems geared more toward hunters. More advertizing dollars that Martin does'nt spend would be my guess. Gonna get an extra string for your Bamboo Viper now? Had nearly the same thing happen to me, ONCE! Way back in the day, my second deer season, I nicked my string on my 67 1/2 Bear Super Kodiak, and had no spare, had to hang around camp the last day of the opening weekend, while the rest of the group hunted. Worst part about it was, I made strings. Made two when I got home that Sunday night.
    Absolutely! will only happen once! I don't think it's so much an olympic style bow...even though those style are allowed in ASA Traditional class, which I don't totally agree with. I have to compete against them with my longbow in ASA. In IBO, the playing field is leveled. Longbow against longbow, with wood arrows. The exception being MLB (Modern Longbow) which allows carbon and aluminum arrows. My Bamboo Viper is actually a sponsored bow from a few years back. So at one time they were involved in Traditional sponsorship. Serial # 7105 for those at Martin with access to those records. There was a Father and daughter team that shot for Hoyt at this event, using their Buffalo recurve. Seems like good business to have representatives with good attitudes in the field to promote the product to me. It's probably more economical with a better return in long run than a standard ad.