Thread: 2011 saber compound bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 saber compound bow

i just got back into archery after 17 years, and i just bought this new 2011 saber compound bow and was wondering if it was a good buy?i never kept up with the archery world for the past 17 years.also i seen a saber mag and i was wondering whats the difference between the two?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bang for the buck

The Saber is an underrated bow. I have sold many of them ranging from teenagers to 60 year old men and every customer has been happy with their choice. The Saber does have the composite riser but I have yet to see an issue with it, I have read about the riser cracking but have never seen it with my own eyes. They tune up easy and carry decent speed,for the money that is a good bow for hunting and some 3D.
    Triple J's
    2011 Firecat 400 GT 5575's // 2013 Alien
    90's PSE 1000c
    Old Bear Whitetail Hunter//Handmade Longbow

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to archery. well, to determine if it was a good buy or not, how much did you invest in it? the '11 models have improved strings and newer limbs, but performance wise they should be identical. I held every bow dicks sporting goods had on its shelf, inclucing a couple other martins , three or so bears, and a parker or two and i would have picked it over any of them. i thought it balanced steadiest, the grip felt good for me, and it was easily the lightest. Obviously the riser is not gonna make the people's most beautiful in the world list, but hey its a bow and they have the same cams supplied on bows which have approx double the msrp.

Post Thanks / Like

Love my saber!! Shot in a national competition with it last month and did...not to bad.

Post Thanks / Like

The Saber is an outstanding bow! Even though it's not a speed demon, it's VERY forgiving and accurate. I'm sure you'll love it!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Proud of my Saber

I'm a recent return to archery myself. I bought a Saber about 2 months ago off ebay. I really enjoy shooting the bow and the more I look at prices for compounds the more I realize what a great deal it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Sabre

davidh - Welcome back! I received a 2011 Sabre this last August as a gift. Absolutely LOVE it. I spend a lot of time in the tree tops hunting and the rest of the time stalking. Nice and small, lightweight, easy pull from any position (sitting or standing) and deadly accurate. Bang for the buck it can't be beat. Has many of the components that other bows have for half the price.
    __________________________________________________ ______

2011 Sabre - Carbon Express Pile Driver Hunter - Muzzy 100

Member of PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals!
    __________________________________________________ ______

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I dont know what the difference is between the mag and the reg saber , but its a great bow !I have 08 saber , its been re limbed ,and has ac`utrack cam . it shoots awesome !!!!!!, best shoot out was at 20 yds hittin beer caps , was thinkin bout shootin wings off flys but thats another movie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    I dont know what the difference is between the mag and the reg saber , but its a great bow !I have 08 saber , its been re limbed ,and has ac`utrack cam . it shoots awesome !!!!!!, best shoot out was at 20 yds hittin beer caps , was thinkin bout shootin wings off flys but thats another movie!
    There is no difference between a Saber and Saber Mag. It's purely in the limb logo. Just like the Cougar was always the top bow in the Gold Series. This year it got moved to the Pro Series. Simply marketing. Just like they used to have the Bengal. Now it's the Bengal Pro. There's nothin Pro about it. It's just a name change.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver