Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bow press for Martin/Rytera?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow press for Martin/Rytera?

Hey all, I am about to drop about 300 (all I can afford now) on a press for my '11 Pantera...so the 2 I am eyeing are the Monster-Pac press and the Omni Press. Both about 300 on fleabay and both have + and - points also. The omni has a bow vise attachment I like, but the U-bolt style instead of adjustable fingers for the limb tips kinda looks weaker and cheaper than the Monster Pac w/ adjustable fingers. Are either of these approved for Martin/Rytera or how do I find out? Thanks ahead of time...B4L Okie. Would love a Bow Time Machine or Bow A Constrictor, just not in the green enough right now.

Post Thanks / Like

The Last Chance Easy Press is what I would buy but 600 bucks? I might be tempted to get a Hooter Shooter, first.
    Anyway, I would love one too, but here is the rub. We can make one. it's not that hard. The issue is it has to be more convenient than winding the limb bolts out 10-12 turns or it will seldom get used.
    The easy press is just that and perfect for string work, yoke and cam tuning and peep tuning. It's quick and easy.
    At least we have a choice. With Martin Bows, no press needed is very high on the list of reasons to stay with Martin bows, in my book.
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

you don't need a press to remove your string on your bow, Martin is the only company that is like this.
    2011 silencer
    2008 trophy hunter

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at the two presses mentioned. I have my doubts about the Omni press. If you really pay attention you'll notice that the only bows being pressed are older models of conventional limb design. How well it would work with parallel or past parallel limbs is something I'd have to see. The Monster Pac is somehwat the same, but the angle the limbs are pulled from is somewhat better.

I don't know how much work you guys do on your bows, but I do my share. I've got an old Apple hydraulic bench mount that I haven't used I'll bet for at least 5 years and probably closer to 8 years. It works pretty much on the same principle as the Monster Pac.

What I did end up getting qquite a few years ago is a Bowmaster. I got the older style split limb adaptors as I was shooting for Pearson at the time and all their bows were the split limb models. I can do pretty much everything I want with it including complete tear downs. It's a bit tedious at times and slower than a real press, but most of the times I use it I'm at one of the archery clubs I belong to so I'm "out in the field". I do like the idea of it being portable. I rarely ever make adjustments at home and at the clubs it has seen work on a lot of other peoples' bows.

The other main thing I like about it is that because the tips attach at the limb forks there is no chance of twisting a riser. And for the price of about $45 it's probably the single best investment in archery equipment I've made in 40 years. Well, that and my Bitzenberger jig that's over 35 years old.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bowmaster Split Limb Adaptors

Barry, If you don't mind, what do you think of the current Split Limb adaptors? I would might consider the product it it pulled from the Limb tip/axle area of the limb and not the crotch of the split.
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdodraw29 View Post
    you don't need a press to remove your string on your bow, Martin is the only company that is like this.
    This is very true and Ive made adjustments by backing out the limb bolts many times, however its very awkward trying to work on your bow when its not contained in some fashion either by a bow vise or secured in a press. Given the chance Ill take a good bow press everytime!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow Press

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    This is very true and Ive made adjustments by backing out the limb bolts many times, however its very awkward trying to work on your bow when its not contained in some fashion either by a bow vise or secured in a press. Given the chance Ill take a good bow press everytime!
    That is the rub isn't it. I don't mind backing off the limbs to change strings, etc, but it is a lot to do to align a peep with a half turn on the string. I'm going to take another look at the Bowmaster w/split limb adapters.
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dugout View Post
    Barry, If you don't mind, what do you think of the current Split Limb adaptors? I would might consider the product it it pulled from the Limb tip/axle area of the limb and not the crotch of the split.
    I haven't used the newer split limb adaptors. I have a friend who uses them and he does OK. His bow is an Alien Z, by the way. They seem a little busy to me. They can be adjusted for different width limbs and I guess once set for your own bow they work just fine. They do provide for having the Bowmaster outside the confines of the string and cables which is a nice feature.

Me? I just use the crotch of the fork. In fact, Bowmaster comes with little leather patches to put between the limb and the cable, but I even quit using them. The limbs are parallel enough that once positioned and just a slight bit of pressure is applied you can move the ends a little more toward the limb tips so that the Bowmater cable doesn't even touch the crotch of the limbs.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I haven't used the newer split limb adaptors. I have a friend who uses them and he does OK. His bow is an Alien Z, by the way. They seem a little busy to me. They can be adjusted for different width limbs and I guess once set for your own bow they work just fine. They do provide for having the Bowmaster outside the confines of the string and cables which is a nice feature. Me? I just use the crotch of the fork. In fact, Bowmaster comes with little leather patches to put between the limb and the cable, but I even quit using them. The limbs are parallel enough that once positioned and just a slight bit of pressure is applied you can move the ends a little more toward the limb tips so that the Bowmater cable doesn't even touch the crotch of the limbs.
    I ordered a press this morning and will give it a go. I also ordered the "new" brackets. Are these what you described? They are intended for both split and reg limbs. I like the idea of pulling from the end of the limbs. We will see.
    L%20Brackets%20%20small.jpg2.jpg
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if those would be too wide for the new slimmer limbs? I've been looking at those as well...I've got a 2012 Bengal.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane