Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bow press for Martin/Rytera?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    I'm wondering if those would be too wide for the new slimmer limbs? I've been looking at those as well...I've got a 2012 Bengal.
    Well, I guess we are about to find out. They say maximum cam width of 3/4" but who knows how that will relate to actual width or size. I'll post up info after they get here.
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

As promised, Received the Bowmaster Press and the new model brackets. This thing is so simple and easy to use I feel stupid for not owning one till now. It fits on the 2010 Bengal perfect! I tune with tiller and this will allow me to keep the limb bolts exactly where I put them. Here are the pictures of the bracket:
    BMB3.jpgBMB1.jpgBMB2.jpg
    Last edited by dugout; 06-07-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Those limb adaptors are not the NEW style I talked about. I haven't seen them before. They are more or less the old style revised, but they should work fine. The older version was more of a "U" shape where it hooked over the ends of the limbs. So these, instead of the "U" shape look like they are just bent at about 90* to be used on parallel limbs. So simple, I can't believe I didn't think of it. Now I know all I have to do is rebend the ones I have. Cool!!!

Hope you enjoy this contraption. I know the Bowmaster isn't a full press and it's a bit slow, but then it doesn't cost a small fortune either and will do most anything you need to do with a bow. The other nice thing is that you don't need a pickup truck to transport it around with you.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

What do the adapters typically run? I've been looking into getting one for quite a while now. I have something rigged up similar to the bowmaster in a turnbuckle with some cables that I have used a few times for quick things, but nothing major.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of the older ones like Barry mentioned - the 'hooks' are curved rather than being just bent at a 90.
    They work well on some bows but not so well on others and in some cases you have to move the draw stop out of the way.

I also have a set of these:
    Split_Adapters_M_CU.jpg

They are adjustable for any width limb and cost about $18.00.
    They are a bit clumsy to use the first few times but once you get the hang of it - it's no more difficult than the other brackets.
    Really not bad at all if you have the bow in a vise.
    They say they are not made for past parallel limbs but they work on all my Martins/Ryteras and Strother.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the ones Spiker shows and they work great. I think that the 90 ones are new for this year....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    What do the adapters typically run? I've been looking into getting one for quite a while now. I have something rigged up similar to the bowmaster in a turnbuckle with some cables that I have used a few times for quick things, but nothing major.
    Like 17 bucks at Lancaster.
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I have a set of the older ones like Barry mentioned - the 'hooks' are curved rather than being just bent at a 90.
    They work well on some bows but not so well on others and in some cases you have to move the draw stop out of the way.

I also have a set of these:
    Split_Adapters_M_CU.jpg

They are adjustable for any width limb and cost about $18.00.
    They are a bit clumsy to use the first few times but once you get the hang of it - it's no more difficult than the other brackets.
    Really not bad at all if you have the bow in a vise.
    They say they are not made for past parallel limbs but they work on all my Martins/Ryteras and Strother.
    Spiker, where you getting those things for $18.00? Lancaster sells them for $37.00.

I think my older ones are going to be seeing a vise pretty soon and get straightened out to 90*. I don't know how well they'll work till I try them that way, but there is a little secret to using them. When you hook them on the limb tip and apply pressure they tend to pull in against the string meaning you need to crank the press down more to get slack in the string. I learned to put them between the string and cable then hook them over the limb tips. That way they don't make contact with the string. Result is less cranking needed.

And for the guys that haven't tried the split limb adaptors let it be known that they work just as well on solid limbs. The only real problems I've encountered is that my older ones won't hook onto bows wilth really large cams. Fury XT cam might be a problem. Nothing that can't be cured by grinding the slot longer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I don't know how well they'll work till I try them that way, but there is a little secret to using them. When you hook them on the limb tip and apply pressure they tend to pull in against the string meaning you need to crank the press down more to get slack in the string. I learned to put them between the string and cable then hook them over the limb tips. That way they don't make contact with the string. Result is less cranking needed.
    That is the way I did it, snaking the bracket between the cables/Yoke and the string. The purchase was much more fair with the bow press not pressing on anything but the limb tips...

...now I need to go back out and find one more arrow which sailed over my berm into the woods. I got a Carter Only BT release and this is like going from a dually P/U to a Ferrari...
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Spiker, where you getting those things for $18.00? Lancaster sells them for $37.00.

I think my older ones are going to be seeing a vise pretty soon and get straightened out to 90*. I don't know how well they'll work till I try them that way, but there is a little secret to using them. When you hook them on the limb tip and apply pressure they tend to pull in against the string meaning you need to crank the press down more to get slack in the string. I learned to put them between the string and cable then hook them over the limb tips. That way they don't make contact with the string. Result is less cranking needed.

And for the guys that haven't tried the split limb adaptors let it be known that they work just as well on solid limbs. The only real problems I've encountered is that my older ones won't hook onto bows wilth really large cams. Fury XT cam might be a problem. Nothing that can't be cured by grinding the slot longer.
    Yeah - your right there. I got mine from Prototech 3 or 4 years ago when they first came out. I looked them up again and they are $36-$40 now.
    I found one place that still lists them at $17 but when you read the details it states - "not as pictured, new L-shaped brackets"...