Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bow press for Martin/Rytera?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdodraw29 View Post
    you don't need a press to remove your string on your bow, Martin is the only company that is like this.
    Like Duh, that's a no brainer. One of many good reasons to by Martin Products. I thought every one new this, guess not. You can loosen the limb bolts enough to press them in with your hands and drop the string off, if need be. I back them out so the string is limp put my foot under the back side of one limb, push in the top limb and slide off the string, it's that easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a Low-end Apple Archery Press for a few years and have had zero problems pressing bows up to 38" ATA. I back the bow down 4-5 turns and it works really well. It's in the field that the Martin takedown system shines, to replaced a string or install a peep, whatever. Think I paid under $300 from Cabela's on sale. I do afair amount of work for our local club members as the nearest (pro-shop) is 100 miles away and they are NOT user freindly!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread was very helpful, probably saved me several hundred dollars. Thanks guys.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com