Thread: Problems with sight in!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Problems with sight in!

Hey guys, anybody ever have trouble sighting i a 2011 pantera? Mine is shooting low and my sight is out of adjustment. Im using a Cobra Stealth Plus 5 pin sight and a whisker biscuit rest. Im new to bow shooting and any suggestions would be nice. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...962AFF7024E811

Use this video, worked great for me.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Move your peep up a bit.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

With today's bows and sights this should not be a problem, but it does crop up once in a while. In almost all cases it is because the shooter (you) are anchoring too high. You didn't give much detail, but in most cases, if you are using peep sight then it should be about 5 1/2" to 6" above the nocking point. Moving it up to this point will force you to anchor lower. In this case if you are using anchor referrences such as touching the tip of your nose to the string you may have to change the draw length to do so.

I suggest you post more specific info such as the bow's draw length, draw weight, the arows you are shooting. Also have you been measured for what drawlength would fit you best? How high is your peep now and kisser button if you are using one? Better yet would be a picture from the side of you at full draw, head to foot so we can see how the bow fits you.

I could write a book explaining more, but being you're new I don't want to clutter your mind at this point.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

When at full draw my arrow is between my lower lip an my chin wen looking through the peep. Is that to low or can i move peep up? My draw length is 27" DW 65lb. My arrows are gold tip from cabelas.

Post Thanks / Like

Lot's of variables here..rest type and adjustment, setup etc. peep location, like others have said...anchor etc. I'm confident there are plenty of folks here to get you lined out..a pic at full draw will help them help you. The whisker biscuit may be out of adjustment..put a bow square on it and check it out..there is no substitute for a proper setup before you try sighting in.
    Typically you establish an anchor first (usually around the corner of the mouth for most) then draw, anchor, and have some adjust the peep while the bow is drawn. After your setup is squared (rest and centershot, nock point or d-loop all adjusted properly) you simply follow the arrow with the pin to get it sighted in. Hope I haven't confused you.
    Last edited by Mo0se; 04-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.