Thread: 5 pin bow sight

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 pin bow sight

I have been doing some research on a good sight, and id like some input on a very good hunting sight i think i want my pin size to be .19 but i havent ever used anything else, but what i say is if its not broke dont fix it. i really like the axt primal x5 by axt archery really good look and not to bad of a price id like to keep it around 150 or lower let me know what works best for you guys, or if you just know of a great sight, has to be 5 or more pins though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    I have been doing some research on a good sight, and id like some input on a very good hunting sight i think i want my pin size to be .19 but i havent ever used anything else, but what i say is if its not broke dont fix it. i really like the axt primal x5 by axt archery really good look and not to bad of a price id like to keep it around 150 or lower let me know what works best for you guys, or if you just know of a great sight, has to be 5 or more pins though.
    The problems Im finding with alot of the sights being made now is that they dont allways have enough adjustment, plus they just dont have enough back bone.....they are fragile!! JMO, but check out Sword Sights. I ended up putting them on both my bows. They offer the 5 pin configuration and have lots of adjustment................plus they are a very good looking sight.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

X2 for the Sword sights. If you haven't checked their website, take a look at it. http://www.swordsight.com/ Their website allows you an option to make a custom sight, where you choose the sight you like, and then you can pick the color and size of the pins in it. If you like just stock sights, shop around you can find them a little cheaper than on the website.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Trophy Ridge Firewire V5 that I am trying to sell/trade (if you might be interested). I really like the sight, adjustment on it is really nice - planning on moving to single sliders. I moved from a horizontal pin set up to the these vertical pins and won't go back.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Viper sights are strong all metal construction, variety of pin sizes and numbers, stainless steel pins and fasteners, built in dampners depending on model, and optional light. They can be had for cheap on ebay and AT classifieds.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

after owning a truball axel armotech hd hs pro 7 pin. make sure you have a fast enough bow to use all the pins you have. i have a martin exile, its to slow to have 7 pins and use them 20 30 40 60 70......even though i love my sight, its very heavy, same with the sword sights. the motto for the axel and the sword is built like a tank, thats because they are a tank. my exile is a very light bow, at 3.4 lbs, and now its very top heavy, i have gotten use to it, but i wish i have spent less on a lighter more compact sight. spot hoggs sights are very low profile, they are very light, and they have very bright pins. they are expensive, but they make a top of the line 5 and 7 pin. axion makes some nice light high quality sights as well. Axt claims to make the lightest sights on teh market, they are a little bulky and very expensive, but they are also a great buy, my buddy has one on his bt assassin. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    The problems Im finding with alot of the sights being made now is that they dont allways have enough adjustment, plus they just dont have enough back bone.....they are fragile!! JMO, but check out Sword Sights. I ended up putting them on both my bows. They offer the 5 pin configuration and have lots of adjustment................plus they are a very good looking sight.
    never seen those sights before, they have a pretty solid look no doubt and i like how you can adjust the length of the sight from the bow on some of the hunting sight. very cool looking sights but check out some of the archer extreme bow sights there pretty durableb supposebly bullet proof some of them. www.archerxtreme.com/