Thread: IkesOutdoors 2012 Alien XT review..

Post Thanks / Like

Default IkesOutdoors 2012 Alien XT review..

Well looks like ike got his hands on a '12 alien xt. although a little long vid , its a pretty solid review, and gives Rytera/Martin credit for continually improving the performance of their bows. I would have to say that out of a scale of 1-10 the XT should score at least a solid nine . http://www.youtube.com/user/ikesoutdoors?feature=watch

it should help someone pull the trigger on the purchase of one.
    Last edited by madman350; 04-18-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. he sounds very impressed with the performance of that xt!

Post Thanks / Like

But i am disappointed they havent been able to get the noise down over the past few years which makes me think i will have to go for a hoyt if i want something really quiet.
    Can't seem to understand what people like this are smoking. "Oh...something's not right, better get a hoyt!" I think the noise that we are picking up from that is the string stop. Think a few others have said the same when they have got their 2012s. I have Limbsaver bumper that I'm going to slap on the Bengal when it comes.

Overall I really like this bow and that is mainly because I really dig the Onza. I just love what they did with the riser machining in the XT though.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The best way to see if it is loud is shoot next to another bow. That's what I did. I found out that is was no louder than the bow next to me. Being in the string business we have found many ways to quiet a bow and even more than the normal ways. Timing slap is one major noise. Adjust it right and it goes quiet.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

the best way to record sound is to pay the 300 or 400 bucks for a real decibel meter and measure it in a controlled environment . i mean look, they cant just shoot it and go this thing is shootin 310+ etc, they use a chrono. when a athlete jumps a sand pit in the olympics, they get a measuring tape and "measure" it, the announcer doesnt grab a mike and go "thats 15" farther than that guy that jumped here last week " . ive heard these guys shoot bows inside metal barns and at the shot the sound echoes and then the reviewer says, "man this thing is super quiet"! when it sounded like a dump gate slamming on the back of a dirt truck.
    all in all tho i thought it was a favorable review with the exception of pointing out some flaws that existed on some of the older bows he had tested in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? This kid is ridiculous and speaking as a scientist, his review is hardly scientific. Purely opinion, and you know what those are like!!!

Sorry it's not a Bowtech...Ike!!
    Last edited by andy_camping; 04-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Spongey ... there is a draw stop. Set that properly and these cams hold rock solid if anything like my X.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Spongey ... there is a draw stop. Set that properly and these cams hold rock solid if anything like my X.
    I watched the part where he is demonstrating that and it looked like the stop was set too long.
    The cables bottomed in the mods then he had another 1/8", or whatever, before the stop hit.

(Or he was just really reefing on it after it stopped in which case he will break the limb thru the axle hole and we can get another review...)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i kinda get just a little aggravated when these so called experts say well this bows machining & finish is a lot better than most martins & ryteras , they must be really pertickular sons of guns. i'm very pleased with the machining & the finish on all six of my ryteras & my grandsons martin moab. couldn't be better IMO !
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

My ax has some crappy machine marks. Its pretty noticeable, There is something to that. My az is flawless. Question though.... why does my alien x have an alien z badge and my alien z have an alien x badge?
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight