Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Silencer tuning problems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    I just turned my bow down to 50 lbs and the problem is gone. Broadheads, field tips, and bare shafts don't porpoise now.
    Does this mean you need a stiffer spine or heavier arrow to go back to 60 pounds?
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    Does this mean you need a stiffer spine or heavier arrow to go back to 60 pounds?
    Stiffer spine. I am gonna buy stiffer arows and move up a notch on spine. Until then I am gonna tune my bow at 50 lbs with these arrows to get my centershot ect set up. Then I will crank it back up and use heavier arrows and fine tune from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I will admit I was wrong. I played with it some more today and got it. Arrows are flying straight and true and i am hitting where I aim. This was a tuning issue and I kinda feel embarrassed for not messing with it more before I asked a question. I cranked it back up to 60 lbs and arrows still fly nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    Guys I will admit I was wrong. I played with it some more today and got it. Arrows are flying straight and true and i am hitting where I aim. This was a tuning issue and I kinda feel embarrassed for not messing with it more before I asked a question. I cranked it back up to 60 lbs and arrows still fly nice.
    no need for that ... if you didn't ask and start tinkering you never would have known or possibly got there. everyone on here has probably done something pretty stupid at one point or another ...

but the real thing is, what was out of whack or what did you have to do?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    no need for that ... if you didn't ask and start tinkering you never would have known or possibly got there. what was out of whack or what did you have to do?
    I'm curious too.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

It was centershot but that doesn't seem to be all. Where the centershot ended up being set on my graduated slide of my Apache rest, was where I had it a few times in frustation and ended up moving it. It was a combo of centershot and form i guess. All I know is I started using a high grip. I don't have to do this with my old martin but with this one I shoot much better that way. At full draw I lift my heel off the saddle and the only part making contact is the skin between my thumb and index finger. My guess is that with full heel contact I was torquing my bow even though I was opening my hand. I also think using a high grip helps me follow through better. I just know at full draw I lift my hand on the saddle and shoot and the arrows fly straight to where I aim. Sometimes I throw the shot though. This is the most finicky bow I have ever shot. Not very forgiving at all. I am much more accurate and consistent with my 97 speed demon. But this bow is a blast to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are still in the "getting to know you" phase. I'm like that still with my Alien. It is so incredibly different from my Cheetah that it takes a lot of getting used to. I shoot the Cheetah lights out, just haven't quite got there with the Alien yet. Good to see you got it figured out and your finger on a plan for what the problem is/was.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

These saddleback grips do take some getting used to. I had some fits going from the fat grip of my Saber to the narrow grip on my Onza. But once you get it figured out, man! These new grips are awesome!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps