Thread: A2A is short

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy A2A is short

I have a 2011 Pantera bow and my a2a is just over 32". Spacs says it should 32.25". how can i adjust it? Im fairly new to martin bows so any help would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cnight View Post
    I have a 2011 Pantera bow and my a2a is just over 32". Spacs says it should 32.25". how can i adjust it? Im fairly new to martin bows so any help would be nice.
    Welcome!
    As for the ATA length, generaly if you are within a 1/4" you are fine.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

A couple more things to check are the brace height and draw weight iiwith the limbs turned all the way in. Measure these and tell us what they are. If you have the draw length exactly where you want it then take a pencil and draw a line at the left side of the outer edge of the cams where they pass through the left limb fork (RH bow) and on both sides of the limb fork. This is a reference for cam orientation.

If the bow's draw weight maxws at more than it should then you can take some twists out of the cables and string to reduce the preload on the limbs. This will increase the a2a and lower the brace height a bit. It's a matter of trial and error to balance them out while keeping the cam orientation the same. A little goes a long way and as dude said the a2a and brace height specs are just approximates so close is close. Look in the catalog and you'll see this, * approximate, at the bottom of the specs chart.

If you like the way the bow is shooting now and don't want to mess with it then that is good, too. I know how and do mess with mine, but set them up to where I like the way they shoot and don't worry about specs. For instance, I have a new Scepter V that calls for a 40" a2a and 7" brace height. I have it shooting just the way a like right now and it measures 40 1/4" and 6 3/4" brace height.

It doesn't matter what they are so much as you need to know so that if you make changes and it doesn't shoot as well then you can go back to the original settings.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Would taking a twist or tow out help with my letoff to? My let off seems to b somewere around 60% compared to other bows i have shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the taking twists out of the cable will lower your draw weight, making your hold weight at full draw lower as well. If that isn't enough for you, you can also manage your let off on the Pantera by moving your draw stop. Towards the + will increase the let off percentage (lower hold weight), and towards the - will give you the opposite results. You may have to try a different draw length mod to keep your draw length the same, probably a shorter module and then move your stop towards the +...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ill give that a try.
    2011 Pantera 55-70#dw 28"dl

Post Thanks / Like

Now we're talking about something different. Now you're talking about letoff. I have sneaky feeling the draw stop is set too short for the module. You should be getting 80% or very close to it if the draw stop is set so the bow rolls completely into the valley of the present module.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver