Thread: Shadowcat to Scepter V: Is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shadowcat to Scepter V: Is it worth it?

i like my shadowcat (except i'd like a little more speed out of it) but i'm getting real tempted by the scepter v. for those who have shot both, is there that much difference between the two to justify the $850 price tag. if so what are the major improvements to the scepter v?

there's no dealer within a couple hundred miles of me that might have one to try, so i'm depending on the experts here to help me out.

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

take it to the top and get me an answer...please...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any first hand experience with the Shadowcat. I loved how my nemesis shoots and the Scepter is even above that. Smooth as butter compared to the nemesis. If I had the cash I would buy another Scepter with higher poundage and take it hunting. I like the grip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    i like my shadowcat (except i'd like a little more speed out of it) but i'm getting real tempted by the scepter v. for those who have shot both, is there that much difference between the two to justify the $850 price tag. if so what are the major improvements to the scepter v?

there's no dealer within a couple hundred miles of me that might have one to try, so i'm depending on the experts here to help me out.

thanks.
    I have a shadowcat and two scepter Vs. one is the same speed as my cat and one is a little slower.all three are set up with limbdrivers and the same arrow. two of my buddies have scepters and their speeds are the same as mine. they are still plenty fast enough for 3d,all right around 300fps at 60lbs . they draw the same as the cat.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have both

I prefer the Scepter V over shadow Cat.

For me it is shorter ATA and the string angle is better. Plus I get more speed about 303 fps at 27 3/4" AMO. A big plus is the 1 pc riser.

Scepter V for me over shadow cat.

Is is worth the money? To just buy and have 2 bows??? Up to you.