Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How big is Martin ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How big is Martin ?

anybody out there got any idea how many bows Martin manufactures in a average year or where to find out ? do you think it is considered "taboo" info ? for instance automobile sales numbers can be found relatively easily for the most popular models , but i think it would be interesting to know . just trying to grasp the scope&size of the company & manufacturing facility.
    Anybody ever see the walla walla headquarters? what size is it ? do they have a 25' tall recurve in the front lawn ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    anybody out there got any idea how many bows Martin manufactures in a average year or where to find out ? do you think it is considered "taboo" info ? for instance automobile sales numbers can be found relatively easily for the most popular models , but i think it would be interesting to know . just trying to grasp the scope&size of the company & manufacturing facility.
    Anybody ever see the walla walla headquarters? what size is it ? do they have a 25' tall recurve in the front lawn ?
    LOL, maybe not in Walla Walla, but they might have one at the plant in Yakima. No idea how large they are, but do know that compounds are made at the Walla Walla facility and the traditional bows are build in Yakima, so they have two plants.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    LOL, maybe not in Walla Walla, but they might have one at the plant in Yakima. No idea how large they are, but do know that compounds are made at the Walla Walla facility and the traditional bows are build in Yakima, so they have two plants.
    Our traditional division was moved to Walla Walla about a year and a half ago. We average approx. 80-100 employees year round, we produce a good number of bows and you better get here early if you want a good parking spot. That is all I am at liberty to discuss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    Im not sure how big the Martin facilites are but it might surprise you. A few years back I spent a week at the Bowtech facility in Eugene and it wasnt very big at all............but they were putting out lots of bows!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a google map stalker you will see the building isn't horribly huge, but it looks to be a good size. If you look carefully you can see the phone both where Joel flies in every morning to change out of his superman uniform into his everyday work clothes ...
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i have noticed that martins advertising isnt as consistent as hoyt and bowtech and matthews in magazines such as bowhunting world. they will have a couple issues with a onza or bengal and then they will go a while without any adds. no big deal it just doesnt seem that martin is out there like they deserve to be

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    i have noticed that martins advertising isnt as consistent as hoyt and bowtech and matthews in magazines such as bowhunting world. they will have a couple issues with a onza or bengal and then they will go a while without any adds. no big deal it just doesnt seem that martin is out there like they deserve to be
    They don't need to spend millions of dollars like the big 3 to convince people to like them and use their product. I'd rather they didn't tbh. Keeps it better for those who already like their product. If they were putting out boat-loads in advertising money how do you think they would expect to make that back?? higher prices on their equipment. Let those other companies throw their dollars around and let those other guys spend their dollars when we can get top notch equipment at a steal of a price when comparing and make them look silly all day long.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep like dp already said, the more money that goes out on ad's the more money will have to come back in. That just's means more out of our pocket.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Martin is at least 12,748 members big! Haha
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    They don't need to spend millions of dollars like the big 3 to convince people to like them and use their product. I'd rather they didn't tbh. Keeps it better for those who already like their product. If they were putting out boat-loads in advertising money how do you think they would expect to make that back?? higher prices on their equipment. Let those other companies throw their dollars around and let those other guys spend their dollars when we can get top notch equipment at a steal of a price when comparing and make them look silly all day long.
    i prefer to support a not get "too big" corporation , have them control cost and growth, than to just see how much product they can manufacture, driving up overhead and expenses , then have to resort to what ever tactics necessary to keep getting the balloon bigger and bigger. it probably is a better situation from an employee standpoint also.