Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Gives?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy What Gives?

I'm looking at purchasing a 2011 Silencer and or the 2011 ONZA III from a local sporting good chain (won't mention name), as the price is right on the 2011. I asked about the conversion kit from TRG/SOS to slide. They the store told me to get with Martin. Now Martin tells me to have the store order the conversion kit or pay a charge for the kit... What gives?
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin will send the rod/slide to replace the trg/sos. Just call Joel in customer service
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Joel is the man he will take care of you.He has helped me before when he didn't have to.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Martin will send the rod/slide to replace the trg/sos. Just call Joel in customer service
    HawgEnvy,

That is not very true I have tried that aproach once and it didnt work out for me at all. Not to bash on Joel because I know he tries his best. But I would just like them to own up to customers when they introduce a product one year such as my bow I just bought last year 2011 model silencer with the TRG garbage and for them not to hassel the customer about taking your bow 2hrs away to a bow shop not everyone lives near one. All I would like is the new setup to be sent to the customers since they have identified that its junk.
    2011 Martin Silencer 70# 29.5
    QAD Ultra Rest, G5 Optix Sight, G5 Meta Peep
    BowJax Stab, BowJax Limb Saver, SlimJax , BowJax Guide Rod Damper
    USMC
    "Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen James Mattis USMC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bricka View Post
    HawgEnvy,

That is not very true I have tried that aproach once and it didnt work out for me at all. Not to bash on Joel because I know he tries his best. But I would just like them to own up to customers when they introduce a product one year such as my bow I just bought last year 2011 model silencer with the TRG garbage and for them not to hassel the customer about taking your bow 2hrs away to a bow shop not everyone lives near one. All I would like is the new setup to be sent to the customers since they have identified that its junk.
    I did purchase the 2011 ONZA from Sportsmen's which did have the TRG. Sportsmen's did contact Martin; Martin CS sent a new string, slid and rod to Sportsmen's for install. Not to say that it was a 2.5 hour turns around drive. I may not buy next time. I'll order on line after all the changes been completed. The turn around drive was $75 dollars.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    I did purchase the 2011 ONZA from Sportsmen's which did have the TRG. Sportsmen's did contact Martin; Martin CS sent a new string, slid and rod to Sportsmen's for install. Not to say that it was a 2.5 hour turns around drive. I may not buy next time. I'll order on line after all the changes been completed. The turn around drive was $75 dollars.

Thats what I am saying you wasted your time and money driving up there when they could of been easily mail out to you. If they wanted the old parts back (for whatever reason) then send then back.
    2011 Martin Silencer 70# 29.5
    QAD Ultra Rest, G5 Optix Sight, G5 Meta Peep
    BowJax Stab, BowJax Limb Saver, SlimJax , BowJax Guide Rod Damper
    USMC
    "Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen James Mattis USMC

Post Thanks / Like

You might have Sportsmans try their own store network. I know the Reno location has a few in stock for swaps and NO 2011's left. They gave me a spare set last time I was in because I have two 2011's.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

That is why I was so anal when ordering mine from ebay. And I was misled and had to send it back and wait for the refund. It worked out for the best, I was able to get cloaked cams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2011 Silencer and or the 2011 ONZA III from a local sporting good chain (won't mention name), as the price is right on the 2011. I asked about the conversion kit from TRG/SOS to slide. They the store told me to get with Martin. Now Martin tells me to have the store order the conversion kit or pay a charge for the kit... What gives?
    Not 100% but from recent posts it sounded like Martin will be under some new management with a new CEO or whatever position they are bringing in. I have been seeing that more often in some posts about things that sound to me like warranty problems and some that others have posted about and have had taken care of without question or cost to the best of my knowledge. I hope Martin doesn't get away from their killer CS and warranty assistance.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Not 100% but from recent posts it sounded like Martin will be under some new management with a new CEO or whatever position they are bringing in. I have been seeing that more often in some posts about things that sound to me like warranty problems and some that others have posted about and have had taken care of without question or cost to the best of my knowledge. I hope Martin doesn't get away from their killer CS and warranty assistance.
    CK droppixel, I have three Martin products and have had some issue with couple of them. But it seems as it hit and miss with Martin CS. I'v got better service going though the dealer with some issues, but have had issue solved and sent directly to me from Martin on other issues. I was just under the impression from reading the form on the TRG system that Martin CS really wanted to take care of business on the TRG sold, and get them replaced because they turned out to be junk and eat up cables. I was take-in back when I ordered my Fire Cat 400 and it came with a Slide and Rod. I called Martin CS and asked why. They CS just explained that they no longer have that option; at first I was upset, as I really wanted the TRG. That's when I stared reading the form and became a member and was glad the FC 400 came with Rod and Slid due to TRG issues. I really like my Martins as I said before on the form that they shoot for me better them the BIG 3. Forgiving and accuracy is top for me, I could always use a little more speed but that come with set up and arrow weight.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator