Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Wont make speed.

  1. #11
    Senior Member Ehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southeast Kansas
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have to agree with everyone. Set up correctly, all of Martin's bow will hit IBO. The Ryteras just seem to be in the higher end of IBO. Got my 2011 AX at 72#, shooting a 434gr. arrow, 28.25 draw length, and getting 302. That's pretty impressive to me for that arrow weight. Haven't chrono'd my 65# yet, but it shoots just as flat, so it's gotta be real close.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

    Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern Indiana, on the Ohio River
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I have to agree with everyone. Set up correctly, all of Martin's bow will hit IBO. The Ryteras just seem to be in the higher end of IBO. Got my 2011 AX at 72#, shooting a 434gr. arrow, 28.25 draw length, and getting 302. That's pretty impressive to me for that arrow weight. Haven't chrono'd my 65# yet, but it shoots just as flat, so it's gotta be real close.
    I also agree that proper settup and the right arrow is key to acheiving speed. JMO though.....the new Fury XT cam is at the very bottom of thd IBO scale..........lots of adjustment for sure, but not even close to the high end rating.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

  3. #13
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No problem with AX speeds here;
    60lb/29'', 335gr @ 303fps for 3D
    56lb/29'', 335gr @ 285fps for 3D
    63lb/29'', 440gr @ 275fps for hunting



    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  4. #14
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishKev View Post
    No problem with AX speeds here;
    60lb/29'', 335gr @ 303fps for 3D
    56lb/29'', 335gr @ 285fps for 3D
    63lb/29'', 440gr @ 275fps for hunting



    Kev
    I thoought you Brits weren't allowed to hunt? Or do you travel to do so?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  5. #15
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I thoought you Brits weren't allowed to hunt? Or do you travel to do so?
    We can gun hunt, but firearms laws are very restrictive as is ground access.
    No public land here, if you cannot afford to belong to a hunt club or pay private land rent, you don't hunt.
    It is so difficult that I have sold all my guns and not renewed my firearms permits this year.


    Bowhunting here is illegal.
    I have to travel stateside in order to participate.

    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My 2010 Rytera Nemesis is set at 63 lbs 29 inch dl, with 384 grain arrow im getting 292 fps. just a dloop and peep on my string.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •