Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My problem order

Post Thanks / Like

Default My problem order

So back in Feb I ordered a left handed onza 3, when i finally got it and opened it it turned out they shipped me a right handed onza. So I called the dealer I bought it from online (Fishing and hunting usa) and he said he would call martin and and take care of it. He calls me back and says they will send me a return label and then ship me a new one. A week later, still waiting for the return lable I call F&H USA back and ask if I should still be waiting for a return label, I mean im here in Washington it shouldnt take that long. He said "I'll call you right back, I'll call martin." So 10 minutes later I get a call from a lady from martin. She ask me if the box I got the onza in is marked left handed, It is and she said she doesnt know how that could happen with everyone that has to check off on the bow. She then said ok we will send you a return label and swap out the bows. I was excited I was finally going to get this taken care of. The next day I get a call from I think the same lady, she said you have 2 options I suggest the first. We will send you a new riser and you can take it to a martin dealer or a pro shop and have them put the limbs and everything on it and this will be the fastest because we can ship you the riser soon( it was soon it took like 4 business days) , or we can send you a return label and you ship us the right handed bow and we will ship you a left handed bow the only thing is we are behind on cams so I don't know how long it will take. So I said ok I'll just take it to a local dealer and have him swap everything on the riser, the only problem is this cost me almost 60 bucks.......so I called martin (joel) today to see if they could help me out some way or take care of the cost he said if I take it to the dealer i bought it from it should be free the only problem with that is im in Washington and Greg from F&H USA is in Alabama I think. I know my local dealer here needs to make his money and im glad to help him out I just dont understand why I have to pay for this ( this is not a rant about the pro shop ). Im pretty new to archery so I guess I should of know this would have cost me that much money maybe? This whole process has been a headache. I should of picked option 2. Everyone can scold me its ok, Im just not happy right now.
    Last edited by Matrix; 04-19-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    2012 Onza III
    Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5
    Cartel 7" Shockeater stabilizer
    Hostage Rest
    Apex Bone Collector Quiver
    Scott Shark Release
    Carbon Express Mutiny Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

So i am guessing your local dealer is not a martin dealer? I guess that would be why you got charged? I am sorry to hear your dilemma. Did your local guy do a nice job switching it all over? It is a tough choice you had to make we all want to get our hands on our new toys asap not sure which choice i would have made!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sucks that you had to go through that I would be bummed out too. Im lucky to have a close friend thats a Martin dealer............Im hoping that with all the good attention that the 2012 lineup has gotten, maybe more dealers will bring Martin back to their racks. I know Im working hard in my area. Most of the younger wanta be types have never seen a Martin.........had a kid the other day in the shop were I help out......he bought a new Mathews. I had my Pantera in the press changing the peep and he ask what the bow was......said he had never seen one and wished he had the courage I had to not go with one of the big 3!! I bought fell over........just goes to show that we as Martin lovers have work to do!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

I know this doesn't help your situation at this time, but it's just another reason to learn how to do things yourself. This is especially true with Martin bows because you don't need a press to relax the tension on the limbs. If you're the type of person that can use a hammer, pliers, and screwdriver it would take maybe 1/2 hour to swap those parts yourself. If you are more adept and experienced it would take about 10 minutes.

And IMO $60 is a complete ripoff, even though the problem began with whoever packaged the bow on the first place.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

thats just the risk you take when you buy something online, no offense, because i know you waited long enough and didnt want to wait any longer, but if you had waited on the label then you wouldnt have paid 60 bucks. However, it is there fault for sending you the wrong bow to begin with.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the Op didn't understand that in the archery business you don't get reimbursed for labor costs. This is something most people don't know. In fact they need to make that money for there time. As far as buying from online I don't see anything wrong with that. I bought my daughters bow from the same place he bought his. The fact that he didn't know to send it back to Martin is the only thing that would have saved him the bucks.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch you're right.

I still don't have a return label for the right hand riser I have to send back....It didn't show up with the left handed riser they sent me. I think Martin is confused and they think they are dealing with a dealer and not the costumer. I really don't want to have to pay for shipping the other riser back to them.
    Last edited by Matrix; 04-19-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    2012 Onza III
    Hostage Rest
    Scott Shark Release

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you shoulda sought out some advise a little sooner. first of all mistakes happen, but there should be no way a right handed bow got put in a left handed labeled box at the factory with quality control checkoff's, and i doubt that it did, however simple this would be for someone to do . If the bow came STRAIGHT from martin then its their baby. if that bow didnt ship to you DIRECT from martin , then other variables must be taken into consideration for the glitch. i would guess the mistake came at a the wholesale warehouse somewhere or the place you ordered it, i guarantee MUCH less quality control methods there if any at all, for instance if your seller would have looked in the box he should have caught the mistake too , so as stated if it didnt come to you factory direct then they were the last "quality" checkpoint and they missed it . i would have put the ball in your sellers park and not settled for a part swap that cost you xtra money, and only accepted a complete swap of a new bow from the factory, thats what you purchased. i would want my brand new bow's finally assembly to be done from a guy who gets paid to make sure its the way the engineer designed it and not rely on secondary/third options. they propably woulda just waited for your left handed one thats out there somewhere in a right handed box to come back !
    Last edited by madman350; 04-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    Yes you shoulda sought out some advise a little sooner. first of all mistakes happen, but there should be no way a right handed bow got put in a left handed labeled box at the factory with quality control checkoff's, and i doubt that it did, however simple this would be for someone to do . If the bow came STRAIGHT from martin then its their baby. if that bow didnt ship to you DIRECT from martin , then other variables must be taken into consideration for the glitch. i would guess the mistake came at a the wholesale warehouse somewhere or the place you ordered it, i guarantee MUCH less quality control methods there if any at all, for instance if your seller would have looked in the box he should have caught the mistake too , so as stated if it didnt come to you factory direct then they were the last "quality" checkpoint and they missed it . i would have put the ball in your sellers park and not settled for a part swap that cost you xtra money, and only accepted a complete swap of a new bow from the factory, thats what you purchased. i would want my brand new bow's finally assembly to be done from a guy who gets paid to make sure its the way the engineer designed it and not rely on secondary/third options. they propably woulda just waited for your left handed one thats out there somewhere in a right handed box to come back !
    The bow was dropped shipped straight from martin to me. the dealer i bought it from didnt even see the bow. Here is a picture of the box it came in. I do admit my mistake was saying ok on taking the riser and not having the bow just switched out. I was naive not thinking it was going to cost me more money.002.jpg
    2012 Onza III
    Hostage Rest
    Scott Shark Release

Post Thanks / Like

well its obviously a honest mistake from them, sounds like everything will work out other than your effort required to get this handled and the lack of a shootable new bow and of course the xtra cost didnt help any . hopefully the bow becomes your all time favorite .