Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone identify this bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone identify this bow?

CIMG7701.JPGCIMG7700.JPGCIMG7698.JPGCIMG7697.JPGCIMG7696.JPGFriend from work asked me to see if I can get his old Martin bow up and running again. If I knew what it was, I could probably get the specs. As it sits, with the old string: A-A 46-3/4", Brace height 9.5", string 38-3/4", Wood limbs, metal riser. Limb markings: CLX 99367-LT. Cams are 1-3/4" diameter. On bottom limb is "Licensed under Allen" above the patent #. Any help would be appreciated. See next post for further pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That is a rare martin High sierra compound bow from 1979........very few were made......................man i have no idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another shot in the dark, but think the last bow I saw that looked like this one was a Speed Flight Gazelle, that ring any bells for anyone?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    That is a rare martin High sierra compound bow from 1979........very few were made......................man i have no idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    No one here has ever heard of anything called a 'High Sierra'...that is a Cougar II

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    No one here has ever heard of anything called a 'High Sierra'...that is a Cougar II
    Thats ah sweet bow!! Back in the day it was the bow to have. When I was just getting into archery all the guys I shot with shot Couger II's and Worthogs. I couldnt afford one so I got the hand me downs........................Couger II's shot great!! To me when I think of Martin thats the one that comes to mind.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Ya about that,it was a joke,,,,,,,,,,I was making funny.............I can see the martin factory come to a halt,high sierra what.........................

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Ya about that,it was a joke,,,,,,,,,,I was making funny.............I can see the martin factory come to a halt,high sierra what.........................
    It's not really too far fetched...back in the 80's and 90's there were tons of models with UN-Martin like names that were custom label projects for individual dealers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

that looks like it would make a killer bow fishing bow