Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of speeds are you getting out of your 2011 exile

Post Thanks / Like

Default What kind of speeds are you getting out of your 2011 exile

Hello everyone, brand new to this site and to Martin archery. Was wondering what kinda speeds you guys are getting out of a 2011 exile with the accu-trak cam to see if I am close to being what can be accomplished with mine. Right now I am shooting 270fps at 71lb dw and 29" dl. Is that close or is something bad wrong with my tuning. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

What is your arrow weight and what do you have on your string. I don't know much about the Exile speeds, but i'm going to venture to say that is close to about right.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

My arrow weighs 398 gr and not sure bout the string weight. It has factory strings, loop, and peep and thats it so far. Goin to a smaller peep and loop in a few days, the trg ate my cables up.

Post Thanks / Like

Firsts off, welcome to the Tech Forums. Hope we can help you out.

You say the TRG ate your cables up? Not uncommon. Have you contacted the arranty dept? You can have the TRG/SOS package replaced with a standard cable rod/slide configuration and an STS if the Exile can be fitted with it. It won't help with increasing the speed but sure will be easier on cables and string.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2011 exile. the trg also ate my cables up and martin warrantied mine with a traditional slide. I have never chronod my exile, but it is on the slow side. i have two cable leeches, 2 string leeches, 2 limb silencers, and g5 meta peep which is super light. im gonna say that 270-290 is about right and differences in arrow weight and such is whats gonna make your difference. I try to do lil things to make mine faster, but i want my bow quiet at the same time so i have all the silencers. Speed is awesome, but let me tell you the exile is still a killing machine, i shot my 2nd alligator with mine yesterday and got a complete pass through from the back of the head through the bottom of the jaw at 20 yards. and gator was slightly under water so the arrow hit water before meat.

Post Thanks / Like

nice DZ, that's awesome! Good shooting!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I called warranty dept. and Joel helped me out a bunch. Just asked me to send pics of the damage and 4 days later I have a new cable slide and string damper. Martin is by far the best in customer service so far. Thanks again for the comments. I know I will never get close to the ibo speed with a hunting setup, but still would like a little bit more speed. 270fps is still plenty fast enough to kill tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to a velocity type arrow will gain you some speed.... its a whole new set of arrows though. And dump your limb savers for 5 to 7 fps. Light string silencers near the end of your string, and ditch the cable silencer. And softer sts material ...... then make sure your cam is rotated right if it has any residual noise.....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man, could I use cat whisker near the end along with speed nocks or is there something lighter than that? Soon as I get back from work in ten days I'm getting my new strings and cables put on an we are gonna play with the cam and speed nocks. Of course I know speed kills quietness in some form or fashion, but I wanna quick bow that doesn't sound like a box o nuts and bolts when it's shot. Will the sts and another light string silencer prevent that???

Post Thanks / Like

The STS makes a huge difference and whiskers will make all the difference in the world if you don't have anything prior. You aren't going to get insane speeds out of the Exile, but it is going to shoot very well. If you trust someone to shoot your bow, have them shoot it while you listen to judge the noise, that is the best way in my opinion. I feel like mine are louder than they really are until my dad has shot them for me.

The Exile will be plenty quick, but don't get caught up in the speed game if you don't have to. Consistency and accuracy is where it's at, if you are going to be hunting, be more concerned with those 2 things in addition to noise level and then speed. 270 ain't nothing to shake a stick at. I was shooting with a friend that has a Z7 that was shooting about 270-275 after he chrono'd it and standing next to him I thought that looked really fast. I didn't know how quick it was until he told me.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff