Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of speeds are you getting out of your 2011 exile

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are exactly right, I guess I just got a wild hair seeing all these other bows ibo speeds. I shot a lot of bowtech Hoyt and even diamond bows before I shot the exile and that was the one that felt perfect to me. Seeing all those bows and shooting them they seemed a lot faster. But I agree totally if I can hit what I'm aiming at every time and am confident I should have no problem(hopefully). Thanks again for all the great answer and makin me open my eyes to what really counts when your hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck624 View Post
    I think you are exactly right, I guess I just got a wild hair seeing all these other bows ibo speeds. I shot a lot of bowtech Hoyt and even diamond bows before I shot the exile and that was the one that felt perfect to me. Seeing all those bows and shooting them they seemed a lot faster. But I agree totally if I can hit what I'm aiming at every time and am confident I should have no problem(hopefully). Thanks again for all the great answer and makin me open my eyes to what really counts when your hunting.
    I have an 07 Cheetah, which is basically an older version of the Exile. Mine has the old M-Pro cam on it and I can tell you it feels plenty fast to me. I shoot that bow so well and was able to dust 2 doe this past year. First season hunting with it. When it is quiet and on target, the deer aren't going to know how fast it is nor will they be alive long enough to really think about it
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ha very true my friend very true. I think I'm gonna just put my new strings on for now and maybe play with silencers and speed nocks for now. If I get more speed great if not then I'll just keep on shooting an having fun while I'm doing it. Speaking of speed nocks are there any disadvantages or are they a complete waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like

From what i leaned here, speed knocks are the only "free" speed you can get. Worth it? Maybe. I started shooting a lower draw weight, shorter draw, heavier arrows, and even a slower bow. All from what i learned here. Ive never shot better!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck624 View Post
    Thanks man, could I use cat whisker near the end along with speed nocks or is there something lighter than that? Soon as I get back from work in ten days I'm getting my new strings and cables put on an we are gonna play with the cam and speed nocks. Of course I know speed kills quietness in some form or fashion, but I wanna quick bow that doesn't sound like a box o nuts and bolts when it's shot. Will the sts and another light string silencer prevent that???
    the sts will not fil on your 2011 exile, you do not have a rear drilled hole for it, or at least my 2011 exile does not, i had to purchase the limbsaver string decelerator and it attaches to your front stabilizer or it comes with a bolt if you prefer not to have a stabilizer. it kind of tricky to get it lined up so it doesnt rub your cables, but it can be done and it made a good difference. a worthy buy in my opinion if you want a string stopper, which does increase speed by the way

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    the sts will not fil on your 2011 exile, you do not have a rear drilled hole for it, or at least my 2011 exile does not, i had to purchase the limbsaver string decelerator and it attaches to your front stabilizer or it comes with a bolt if you prefer not to have a stabilizer. it kind of tricky to get it lined up so it doesnt rub your cables, but it can be done and it made a good difference. a worthy buy in my opinion if you want a string stopper, which does increase speed by the way
    I have one mounted on my Cheetah, works like a dream. If you run the rod on the left side of the bow for a right handed shooter, no clearance problems at all. I can get some pictures of it if it will help anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mine will take a sts, the riser has a groove machined kinda like the cable guard fits in and it has two bolts that hold it in place. Took an act of congress to find it and Joel finally helped me out. I'm surprised yours does not have the same groove in it. I had a limb saver sts on at first but it made this weird metal on metal sound when the string hit it, so I took it off after I found this one. Hopefully this will quiet it down a little more. Oh if you do see you have the groove in there the part number for the sts is 8812 not the one on the website

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I get back home I'll take a pic of the groove I'm talking about and post it, it will another nine days tho. And by the way how do I post pics

Post Thanks / Like

The 2007 riser wasn't drilled for a rear mount. It's all good and mine is quiet as heck as is.

Post Thanks / Like

My dealer has 2011 Exiles in stock (they have the TRG converted already). 2011 models have Acu-trak cams instead of Fury XT.

A new member to our local club is looking for an entry-level bow. I have some questions about the 2011 Exile:

- Does the Acu-trak require module change to adjust draw length? If so, does a full set of modules come with the bow or do you need to purchase them separately?

- What is the draw length range for 2.0 size cams?

- What about the quality of the Acu-trak cams: has there been string/cable wear problems as with some other Martin's cams (Nitro, I believe also with Fury XT)?

The Exile comes without a string stop. Is there a machined place if you want to add one, or do you have to use front mount models?

Any other comments about the (2011) Exile are welcome!
    Last edited by Phantonza; 05-04-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003