Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Playtime!

  1. #11
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The club I go to (not a member) it's $12 which I think is reasonable for a good time. Didn't shoot as well as I would have liked. Still getting to know my Alien and they had some pretty tricky shots set up. Quite a few 40+ which threw me for a loop and where I dropped most of my points.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

  2. #12
    Administrator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    The club I go to (not a member) it's $12 which I think is reasonable for a good time. Didn't shoot as well as I would have liked. Still getting to know my Alien and they had some pretty tricky shots set up. Quite a few 40+ which threw me for a loop and where I dropped most of my points.
    DP, don't fret too much over it. If a lot of shots were over 40 yards then you did well no matter what your score. I know I've been shooting 3D for a long time and I'm usually pretty good at judging yardage out to 35 yards. After that it can get pretty iffy. Most local shoots here have a seniors' division that sets a limit of 35 yards so that's within my comfort range. Still, I take some longer shots once in a while just to keep the brain working. Fortunately they're all fun shoots so I can leave my ego at home and just have fun. That's what the game is all about anyway. If it wasn't fun I wouldn't do it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  3. #13
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    DP, don't fret too much over it. If a lot of shots were over 40 yards then you did well no matter what your score. I know I've been shooting 3D for a long time and I'm usually pretty good at judging yardage out to 35 yards. After that it can get pretty iffy. Most local shoots here have a seniors' division that sets a limit of 35 yards so that's within my comfort range. Still, I take some longer shots once in a while just to keep the brain working. Fortunately they're all fun shoots so I can leave my ego at home and just have fun. That's what the game is all about anyway. If it wasn't fun I wouldn't do it.
    For sure! I was out with my Dad and it was his first time going to a 3D - I was just enjoying being out there with him. Some of the 40s are tricky to judge, I'm usually pretty solid judging up to 35 like you say because that is mostly what I shoot. No matter what, it's a good time.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Man, these things are no joke.

    Oops. These things are awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

  5. #15
    Senior Member wscywabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sultan, WA
    Posts
    1,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 96xjclassic View Post
    $30 bucks a paycheck? Holy crap. My range is $5 a week. They hold all kinds of competitions there. It must be decent.
    Its a gun and archery range, $10 entry no time limits. Plus taxes and gas for 45 min one way rounds up to about $15 a trip. There is a FITA range, a flat range with targets from 10 yds to 80 yds, and two walk through 3D courses, one with 20 targets one with 28. The 3D targets range from 3yds all the way out 75, uphill, downhill, through trees and brush, and not very many of them are an even distance; most are odd ranges like 23 or 46 or 52 etc. A range finder here is a must, but its a nice setup.

    The longer distances are definitely interesting, especially since I only have 5 pins set up to 60 yds.
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 04-29-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


    2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

  6. #16
    Senior Member wscywabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sultan, WA
    Posts
    1,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OH, and that's a pretty cool pic with the FOBs; nice shooting!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


    2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

  7. #17
    String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One fob ate the other fob



    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Its a gun and archery range, $10 entry no time limits. Plus taxes and gas for 45 min one way rounds up to about $15 a trip. There is a FITA range, a flat range with targets from 10 yds to 80 yds, and two walk through 3D courses, one with 20 targets one with 28. The 3D targets range from 3yds all the way out 75, uphill, downhill, through trees and brush, and not very many of them are an even distance; most are odd ranges like 23 or 46 or 52 etc. A range finder here is a must, but its a nice setup.

    The longer distances are definitely interesting, especially since I only have 5 pins set up to 60 yds.
    Ok, now that you've further explained it sounds much more reasonable. With gas included I'm at about 10 bucks a trip.
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    OH, and that's a pretty cool pic with the FOBs; nice shooting!
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    One fob ate the other fob



    Hutch
    Although its not good for the fob's it was pretty cool to see how they work during a pass through.
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

  10. #20
    Senior Member WildWilt15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    livingston county michigan
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i just got signed up for the r 100 here in michigan and im pretty excited dont know what to expect
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •