Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Martin Archery?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    1. Resonably priced bows, with the $ as tight as it is for some out there right now there is simply no better bang for your buck. You can buy a Martin bow and deck it out with the best accesories and still come in under the price of a bare bow from many manufactures.
    2. The best CS hands down, espcially for those of us in remote places (nearest pro shop is a 2 hr drive and $50 bucks in gas) I can't even get the simplest of parts for another bow without jumping through the dealer hoop, just need a simple string stop part and it's no go. Joel has helped me out more than once to get my bow back up and running.
    3. My 2011 Onza was an early version and had it's share of trg/sos problems, the riser was not cut to recieve the sts, sent it in and a NEW bow came in about a week.
    Why Martin is my goto bow!
    are you telling me that martin drilled a hole so you could fit a rear mounted sts. Funny i ran into that situation with them with my 2011 exile and that wasnt an option.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I think this is the biggest problem today. It's like if you don't have one, there is a stigma that you are wrong for not. I'm all for those that are brand loyal, but for guys just getting started ... you don't need to drop $900+ on a bow. That is just crazy! There was a post on AT guy said he was brand new to archery and he bought a Vector Turbo. Really!? is what I thought. Next thing you know a guy is going to say he is brand new and went out and bought a Carbon Matrix or Element. It's just nuts. The fact that all of the local shops pretty much only carry the big 3 and won't even speak of other brands doesn't help either. Granted, they are the bows that sell, but I'm sure they could find a good deal of business if they would offer bows in a more reasonable price range to allow more to purchase and get into shooting.
    i agree with you totally, if you dont have the newest bowtech, hoyt, or matthews...people look at you with your martin bow like your homeless. Everytime i go to my bow club, people notice that i have some high dollar upgrades on my bow like the axel armotech sight, and the vaportrail limbdriver pro v rest, then they ask me what kind of bow is that and when i say martin, its a long sigh and a ohhh. Howeveer, i love being the underdog and its their misfortune for paying insane amounts of money for a bow that has a rougher draw and weighs more, aka PSE, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all that's been said. I also like Martin because they are a family run business, and something of an underdog in the archery world. They seem to be one of the most underrated companies around, yet one of the best companies in archery. Great product, customer service, affordability, reliability, and they have the best forum by far. Plus, it's always great to see the looks I get when I can match, or outshoot any other bow on the market, for half the price.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Price, Quality, Customer Service, local company (for me) and THIS SITE!!!! This site is PRICELESS!!! The wealth of information available here is unbelievable.

KUDO's to MARTIN!!!!
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Price, Quality, Customer Service, local company (for me) and THIS SITE!!!! This site is PRICELESS!!! The wealth of information available here is unbelievable.

KUDO's to MARTIN!!!!
    And just think we are owned by the same people who own AT So who says people don't make a difference.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Why not? That's the real question.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I am brand new to Martin archery as of a couple months ago, and lemme say I fell in love with my exile the first shot. So light and the smoothest shooting bow I've ever drawn back. The customer service is by far the best ever. I had a problem right from the get go with the trg systemand Joel sent a cable slide and sts with no questions. Great job to Martin and thank god I switched when I did cause here in a few years the big 3 bare bow will run you 1500$.

Post Thanks / Like

why martin archery?

Answer.....

all review and comment on this website convinced me to look at martin bow and read the spec and review.
    Least archer selling their martin, because the bow has no problem.
    Big brand bow (how good it perform, on and on. but so many selling it as 2nd hand)

thay why i choose martin archery.

Post Thanks / Like

Why martin archery?? thats all ive ever owned and all I ever will. almost switched but i got my head together in time to realize what i would be leaving
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I have never needed to use the customer service department for my '10 Saber. That is reason enough for me. Hopefully I wont when I man up and get the Onza. But, I feel that I will be in good hands if something comes up. Thanks Martin Family.