Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Martin Archery?

Post Thanks / Like

Martin Rocks....Joel rocks......And as for this forum....I honestly feel like quitting AT sometimes and going here exclusive. But I still use AT once in a while. I never thought bows would get like cars and houses. If your neighbor has one, you better go buy one too. I am sick of the big 3 getting rammed down our throats on AT. I posted a really nice review complete with lots of pics about my 2012 silencer and got a fair amount of responses all positive. But I think several of them were members from this forum who saw my post here linking it. I bet if I had bought one of the big 3 bows and did an equal review, to this day the thread would still be going, 12 pages long with replies.
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are probably right! I believe it was most of us that posted over there.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, It was most of us and I feel the same way.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

#1. Martins have always felt better to me ..
    #2. they have always been more accurate for me.
    #3. When I buy a Martin I don't feel like I have been ripped off ..
    #4. just compare the specs of any bow for the same amount of money..

I have had and shot other makes of bows and came back to Martin ....There is so much hype and bs in the bow market ...with out naming names ...here is a example ,,One big name maker just came out with a bow and the salles pitch is it wieghts 3.5 ibs ..and of course the cost is high..Martin has had bows like that for a few years now...at a reasonable price ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftshooter View Post
    #1. Martins have always felt better to me ..
    #2. they have always been more accurate for me.
    #3. When I buy a Martin I don't feel like I have been ripped off ..
    #4. just compare the specs of any bow for the same amount of money..

I have had and shot other makes of bows and came back to Martin ....There is so much hype and bs in the bow market ...with out naming names ...here is a example ,,One big name maker just came out with a bow and the salles pitch is it wieghts 3.5 ibs ..and of course the cost is high..Martin has had bows like that for a few years now...at a reasonable price ...
    Thats cause it took them this long to get a bow that light. They are proud of their accomplishment lol.
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, I jumped into Martin because the price was great for all of the options I could get. I went around town shooting different bows... bear, athens, hoyt, diamond, parker, and then shot a Martin Cheetah.... FELL IN LOVE. It didn't matter if it was MORE $$ than the other bows I shot.... it just felt good in my hands, and shot as straight as ever. I had a mishap with my Cheetah with bad limbs, and parts being worn too fast. Customer service hooked me up, and it was all good.

Just to be an echo of everyone else... Low price, great product, and great customer service.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

The only part that bothers me about shooting a Martin is when I go to the shop to buy arrows or accessories, I barely get helped when they ask and I say I shoot a Martin. My dad has a Hoyt from 6 years ago, and he says he has a Hoyt and they flock to him.... It's just lame
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

PizzaDave you hit some good points there. I have no archery shops nereby and the few I've visited won't even admit their a Martin dealer. Seems to me that Martin fills a place no one else is willing to fill. If Martin continues to produce the kind of bows they are now, along with the excellent C.S. they will flourish. Very few company's here have their values when it comes to serving the customer. That indeed was a good review on AT. After alot of thought if I were to buy another bow now it would have the dual cams. My Onza shoots awfully sweeet at 47lbs 29" for and old guy has me jeleous of that new Silencer. Now go set your stands and trail cameras and wait until it's time and go out and kill something. Backstraps, garlic and butter, may be alittle rough on the old viens but oh what it does to the soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

what a bunch of kiss ups martin ain't going to give all you guys a new bow! [ ha, ha just kidding] i kinda like them myself as you can see by my signature . ever thing you guys said is true martin/rytera has good products,& the best customer service, price. what more could you ask ? i don't know why anyone in their right mind would pay 3, 4 ,5, 6 hundred more dollars than they have to. in reality all bows do the same thing, if they are all tuned properly theres no difference , it's the shooter behind the bow that makes the difference . you can do the same thing with a finely tuned martin as you can with a finely tuned big three . i will admit
    some may have a better paint job or machined a little better. i'm completly satisfied with all my martin/rytera
    bows. { JMO } have a good day & good shooting
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

You get more bow for less money compared to others.
    Joel and everyone I've spoken to at Martin archery are top notch, professionals, friendly and down to earth and have the answers to our questions. Warranty is something you really don't want to find out if you'll need it. I needed Martin support and it was handled with professionalism and in a timely manner. Joel and his Crew need a pay raise and a case of beer!.

I am supporting a Archery company with a top notch pedigree history in archery, an American company in my home state!.