Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cable Slides?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    The teflon slide from my old bow DID NOT fix the problem which was somewhat a surprise to me. I had a 3D competition this weekend and the weather was going to be cold and rainy. I did not want to fight with the arrow rest trouble again. I made two changes to my setup (that I didn't even have a chance to test in rainy conditions before the competition):

- I used a Hoyt cable slide (made of black plastic, not teflon. The plastic feels harder than the original Martin slide, though.)
    - I lubricated the cable guard rod with silicone spray

Result: no problems whatsoever, even though the weather was the worst possible!

I know that some people think you should not lubricate the cable guard. I think I may wery well continue doing so, as it seems to be the only way to make things work with QAD Ultrarest HD drop-away rest in cold/rainy weather. Or, I will change the rest back to the idiot-proof Whisker Biscuit

Unfortunately, I cannot be sure which one was the reason of fixing the problem: the Hoyt slide or the lubricant. My guess is the lubricant...
    I too clean my cable slide rod using a silicone lubricant and have good results with this. I also use a good qaulity automotive wax on the rod.......this seems to hold up longer.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Sanderson on all my bows. They work, it seems as when I paper tune that my arrow is always to right near the riser, this brings my fletching close to the cables. The Sanderson Hyper slide keeps the cables a little closer to the cable slide and I get clearance. I'm using AAE MAX Hunters that have a some what high profile. The slides to me are smoother on draw and what I have read the slide will add a few feet per second. Not sure on that, I've never tested. I recommend them, very easy to install.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I installed a Saunders Hyperglide on my 2010 Cheetah and I haven't looked back. It was very easy to install, and seems to work just as good as any other slide I have seen. it is quiet, and fast, and has a nice low price tag on it as well.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

i use the slides from martin on line store on all my bows, haven't had any problems with them . if you clean them properly they all work. i use a alcohol pad then dry with micro fiber cloth.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    one of the first things I bought for my Bengal. Have one on my Cheetah and love it.
    Put a hyper-glide on my Onza tonight and so far Im really pleased! I do have a question for the guys that are shooting them. Did you pick up any speed? The reason I ask is because my bow was dead on and now Im about an inch low at 20 yrds?
    Last edited by Thermodude; 05-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i use the slides from martin on line store on all my bows, haven't had any problems with them . if you clean them properly they all work. i use a alcohol pad then dry with micro fiber cloth.
    Much the same here. The best lubricant for a rod/slide is no lubricant.

Hey dude. I haven't taken a close look at the Hyperglide,but compared with the original slide do the cables hang closer to the bow string? If so ad the cables aren't being pulled to the side as much it would be the same as untwisting the cables or twisting the bow string. The draw length would be a tad shorter, cam orientation would be different and peak weight would drop. All these would be very minimal, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Much the same here. The best lubricant for a rod/slide is no lubricant.

Hey dude. I haven't taken a close look at the Hyperglide,but compared with the original slide do the cables hang closer to the bow string? If so ad the cables aren't being pulled to the side as much it would be the same as untwisting the cables or twisting the bow string. The draw length would be a tad shorter, cam orientation would be different and peak weight would drop. All these would be very minimal, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.
    Very true, the cables are closer to the string, but just this past weekend I took 4 twists out of the cables to see how much it droped peak weight and it was only 1lb. Non the less something has changed, Ill get the chono out this weekend and see whats going on. It really is smooth, Ill give it that!
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

I changed out my slide for the hyper glide and it didn't change much at all. But the draw is sweeeeeet! I ran it through the chrono and it actually got a little faster. (or it was just the difference in lighting... it was nice and sunny out this weekend and the last time I chrono'd it the weather was overcast cold and wet). Point of impact did change a little bit, to the right. Weird thing was it was a little low at 20, but high at 30 and 40...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I changed out my slide for the hyper glide and it didn't change much at all. But the draw is sweeeeeet! I ran it through the chrono and it actually got a little faster. (or it was just the difference in lighting... it was nice and sunny out this weekend and the last time I chrono'd it the weather was overcast cold and wet). Point of impact did change a little bit, to the right. Weird thing was it was a little low at 20, but high at 30 and 40...
    Its the operator!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I could EASILY believe that it was me... but it wasn't a shot or two, it was groups low and right at 20 and high and right at 30 and 40. IDK, maybe my form was off that day or something! Chrono did jump up 4 fps though
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps