Thread: Question about pro line vs gold line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about pro line vs gold line

Do the 2012 gold line bows have bearings in the cams? My owners manual says they do. But in other posts here, people are saying that the gold line has bushings, and other CHEAPER features, and that the pro line has bearings and other more EXPENSIVE features. I thought the only difference between the gold line and Pro line was who was allowed to sell them. I got a 2012 Silencer with Nitrous cams and it seems to have the same features as the pro line bows. Am I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Pro series or gold series makes no difference. They all use the same cams and they all have bearings. Same goes for the limbs, strings and other components. So you are correct in that the only difference is that the Pro series are sold by pr shops only whereas the gold series can be sold by any shop, box stores or other retailers.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Proline use far superior bearings and materials than the gold line of bows,hence the price difference.Not everyone can afford proline bows,but i wont hold that against anyone...

Ha,just messin with ya................................................ .....

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought too guys. I stumbled across an old thread from 2011 where someone aked this and people were saying different parts and quality of materials was in the 2 lines and saying you got what you paid for ect. That posed me to ask it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    That's what I thought too guys. I stumbled across an old thread from 2011 where someone aked this and people were saying different parts and quality of materials was in the 2 lines and saying you got what you paid for ect. That posed me to ask it again.
    That wouldn't be true even about the price. Take Onza 3 for example (gold series) and compare it to Bengal (pro series). Onza costs more.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Cost is all in the machining and manufacturing. The bows are really of equal quality in my opinion, there is just the difference of some shops being able to carry the Pro vs. just the Gold. While I'm sure they could make a Pro order for you, the Pro dealers I am assuming are preferred dealers with long standing relationships.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff