Thread: Saber String Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saber String Issues

The only problem ive had is with my takedown recurve the serving came lose on both ends of the string on my saber, my buddy who also has a saber had the same issue i feel the serving that comes on the takedowns anyway is cheap and should be replaced with something else. i retied it with some serving i had laying around and its holding up now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, my Saber should be here any day. I just got the notice that it was shipped.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saber Takedown Strings

I replaced the strings on my Saber takedown before I shot it and also purchased a different bow stringer. The bowstring that came with mine just didn't feel secure. I got the bowstringer from martin's online store - http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...=544/189.0.1.1
    Product 544.

Post Thanks / Like

My black 45# saber came this week. I installed a N.O.S. Martin two prong rest and tested it out back. It is loud, but dead on at 25 yards. Right now I am enjoying traditional more than compound shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

i also have a black saber and love it its got plenty of power to kill and has solid consistency but make sure you watch the serving on the top and bottom of the string unless you dont have the dacron string that came on it anymore. A buddy of mine bought a hammerhead recurve string and its a very nice string i might look into getting one.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going down to the shop today for arrows, nocking points, silencers and a new Hammerhead string. Its best to change the string before the problem starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats true. but ive had no problems with the string itself just the serving on the string so i just changed out the serving but heck at least you will have a backup. good luck with the bow i love mine and its definatly a challenge compared to a compound.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)