Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengal set up

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as it doesn't touch the axcel it is either is too long or has no let off.

Post Thanks / Like

fraizer, I have had the same issue. My draw is about 28 plus string loop. I had a perfect fit for me with the mod set at 1.5 and draw stop set as I thought felt right. The cable was touching the axle and seperating the serving. It did'nt cut the string. I moved the mod to 2 and adjusted the draw stop a bit shorter and seemed to cure the problem. I wrapped a piece of black tape at that spot on the serving to check for wear. It touches slightly, but not wearing. My bow is a Silencer set at 54 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried that and the string was still touching. I have it where it feels good right now. I'm convinced that the new cam should allow my setting to work without me compromising what feels good. Plus, the big deal with the cam and why I bought it was its adjustability. I'm glad you got yours fixed though.

Post Thanks / Like

It still sounds like you're over rotating. I'd take the mod up another notch, and move the draw stop to your length. If you're still touching at full draw, do it again.

Perhaps your string set is not to length? Maybe measure the cable and the string and put them back on...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking about a new Bengal, but I am begining to wonder about the Fury system. Last year we had the TRG/SOS string chewing bug, don't think I want another, might wait a year an see if Martin can fix it.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Been thinking about a new Bengal, but I am begining to wonder about the Fury system. Last year we had the TRG/SOS string chewing bug, don't think I want another, might wait a year an see if Martin can fix it.

Hey Bob, There is no issue with the Fury cam as long as it is set up properly!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Hey Bob, There is no issue with the Fury cam as long as it is set up properly!
    Any chance we can get any extra insight on what is proper vs what isn't? Doesn't seem like there is enough out there on this cam just yet, so anything we can get from the top would be excellent.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Joel, I choose Martin because of your great CS, but am stranded without any dealers or proshops near. So like another said esp. for us that have to do most our own work some more detail on proper setup would do alot in building confidence to buy another bow. As soon as I sell a pristine Rem 700 BDL in 17 Rem. (not the rimfire) it is lethal injection for a coyote.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Any chance we can get any extra insight on what is proper vs what isn't? Doesn't seem like there is enough out there on this cam just yet, so anything we can get from the top would be excellent.
    I'm pretty sure everything has been covered in this thread. If your draw stop is set too long it allows the cam to over rotate causing the cable to make contact with the inner hub. As it rolls over the cable makes contact with an abrupt edge...too much contact in the hub area will cause cable serving wear. By moving the draw stop peg a small amount towards the "-" side of the draw stop track you can avoid this contact.

Post Thanks / Like

Took it up to the factory and they fixed it right up. Looking at how they set it up I don't think there is as much play in the valley at the lower draw lengths. I now have a new cam and strings that are set up perfect. Great CS is very important. Martin is good about making it right.
    Last edited by b_frazier; 05-11-2012 at 11:54 PM.