Thread: riser swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default riser swap

first i need to say thanks to to brian at martin archery. left message friday afternoon about an issue with my alien z about the roto limb cup that kept popping after several attempts to remedy the problem. after describing the issue he said he will send me new cups free-of-charge and that will alleviate the problem. always have heard how impeccable martins customer service is. wow, now i know first hand. now the title question. didnt know whether to post this in martin or rytera forum. love my Z, kinda want to try onza 3 bridged riser. is it possible to use the limbs and cams on the Z, 5X limbs and hybrix cams? since the Z is 2.75 inches longer i know i would have to get longer cables and string made. thanks for any help you guys can provide. God Bless, lee

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Its always nice to hear when somebody has had a good experience, so thanks for that. As for your Frankenbuild, I don't see why the limbs and cams wouldn't be transferrable; its the same rotocup design. Like you said, a custom string set would be in order though. You'll have to keep us informed on your progress!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine why they would have different limbs per bow model, that would be just a nightmare to try and keep track of. Truth be told there are just part bins in the factory and they all come from the same bin. I've been on the free tour. This is another fabulous part of the Martin experience you can show up at the factory and ask for a tour and they will give you one.

Post Thanks / Like

You cetainly can put the Z limbs and cams on an Onza. Almost all the parts are interchangeable. You don't need to get fancy on strings and cables either. Use standard lengths for the Onza with Nitro cams. Nitro and Hybrix are identical. The only difference you might see is that with the shorter bow the draw weight range is going to be higher. 5# or maybe even 10#, not sure on how much. Call Joel and he'll be able to tell ya.

Do you have a typo concerning the limb deflection? You're saying you have 5X. Are you sure they don't say 5MP or 5HP or something like that? Last year I ordered a set of 50# limbs for my Nemisis, virtually the same as the Onza, and they sent me 3MP limbs. Just using this as a guideline I'd think that #5 limbs would be for 60#. Hope it works that way. I'd hate for them to be 70# and you end up with an 80# Onza.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I may be mistaken Barry, but I think he was referring to the 5X laminated barnsdale limbs the Alien line was marketing...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I may be mistaken Barry, but I think he was referring to the 5X laminated barnsdale limbs the Alien line was marketing...
    Maybe, but both my Ryteras have Barnesdale limbs and the deflection on them is 175 (nemisis) and 195 (Z). Only other thing on them is
    B 10 102 which is Barnesdale/ 2010 and the 102 is just mumbo jumbo.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver