Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish List?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wish List?

We all love our bows, from time to time we have ah few problems that we work through but all in all we are pretty much die hards. Through out the members here on the tech forum what would be your wish list for Martin bows? If you could make changes or have those changes made to the bow you own what would it be? Im gonna start with one item that Id like to see changed.....its pretty simple, Id like to see the quick change stabilizer thing go away. JMO but put a good bushing in and call it good.......anything that does not have contact with the riser...........your opinions?
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

For now? One word---ditto.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the bushing idea. I really don't see an adavantage to the quick dissconnect for me and my hunting purposes. I can see it being helpful for target shooters though. I think the thing I would like to see most is, a wider variety of ATA and bows in general. I think Martin makes too many bows with virtually the same specs. Some may look cooler than others, but alot of the bows are real close on specs. I'd also like to see someone come out with a green based camo pattern. Something for spring turkey hunting in a factory bow.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Like to see all black in the color options.Longer ATA as stated,and would like to see the STS set up changed,don't like the slot and 2 screws deal,can't get mine to stop loosening up.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned, longer ATA and the return of Nitrous Cams and the X moduals.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you all are saying regarding quick disconnect. Disconnect for me is a plus as I use a Hard Case for transporting and taking off the stabilizer when in the hard case. Know saying that I like ATA thatís over 33í and the 2012 Pantera with Nitro Cams/Nitrous just maybe the Catís meow.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Like to see all black in the color options.Longer ATA as stated,and would like to see the STS set up changed,don't like the slot and 2 screws deal,can't get mine to stop loosening up.
    Some of the 2012 models have the new carbon STS, which screws into the rear removable quick disconnect; its a much better connection

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    I understand what you all are saying regarding quick disconnect. Disconnect for me is a plus as I use a Hard Case for transporting and taking off the stabilizer when in the hard case. Know saying that I like ATA thatís over 33í and the 2012 Pantera with Nitro Cams/Nitrous just maybe the Catís meow.
    I have a short stabilizer, so the removable disconnect is a mute point for me. As for the '12 model Pantera with Nitros... that would be towards the top of my list! And I can't wait to see how Fisher's shakes out 'cause he special ordered one that way

I agree with having a more diverse ATA and BH range, many of the bows this year have almost the same specs. But they do have different aesthetics, so that helps... I couldn't tell you which model is which in some of the competition's bows!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Some of the 2012 models have the new carbon STS, which screws into the rear removable quick disconnect; its a much better connection

I have a short stabilizer, so the removable disconnect is a mute point for me. As for the '12 model Pantera with Nitros... that would be towards the top of my list! And I can't wait to see how Fisher's shakes out 'cause he special ordered one that way

I agree with having a more diverse ATA and BH range, many of the bows this year have almost the same specs. But they do have different aesthetics, so that helps... I couldn't tell you which model is which in some of the competition's bows!
    I should have posted this before, but I didn't order anything yet and have changed my mind about the Pantera with Nitro cams. I picked up a 2012 Scepter V from my sales rep and tried to set it up for m 27" draw . I added 6 twists to the string and took 4 twists out of each cable and set the draw module on it's shortest setting. The bow is still 27 1//4". So rather than mess around with it any more I ftook a look at his Pantera. For what I want the risr has too much reflex. So being as it would have a 34" a2a I just decided to get another Rytera Nemisis in Crimson Red, so now I'll have a red one and a black one. For comparison my 2011 Nemisis is near perfect for draw length for me and it measures 26 13/16" AMO draw length. Sorry to disappoint. Now I have to send the order form in.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well crap Barry, how can I vicariously enjoy a Nitrous Pantera if you don't order one lol! How come you went with another Nemesis instead of trying the new XT?

I still think the Pantera with Nitros would be a great mix though. Too bad I'm not seriously in the market for a new bow or I'd have to seriously think about that special order!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Rason I went with the Nemisis is that I already have one and know how it shoots. The XT is only 3/4" shorter so has no advantage over the Nemisis that I can perceive. For the little bit of difference I don't even see why Rytera bothers with the XT. Besides, this way I don't have to remember two different string/cable lengths and maybe Hutch will give me a discount for ordering two sets at once. LOL.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver