Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer Head Bow Strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

That being said, Hey Hutch, do you have Trophy in Mountain Berry. I think I want Mt. Berry for my new Crimson Red Nemisis. I gotta figur out the other color to go with it. How about clear halo serving material.
    Sure do have mt berry and clear halo. I believe this is mt berry and silver if it isn't pretend it is. Lol

100_1407.JPG

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

As said to another post GO HUTCH OR GO HOME!
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I want to throw something in here. The Hammerhead strings may be mass produced, but are a darn fine string considering that. From what I've seen they have gotten better since last year. For you guys talking about premature serving wear? In most cases this is not a product of poor serving or the serving material. It's because of sharp edges on the cams and/or poor cam alignment (can lean) or module design. Martin would be doing themselves and their consumers a huge favor to change the machining of the cams and modules and put a radius on all the edges like the Nitrous cams had. I haven't had any issues with serving separation so can't say one way or the other on that. Let's just say that Martin strings are far and away better than what comes on most production bows.

That being said, Hey Hutch, do you have Trophy in Mountain Berry. I think I want Mt. Berry for my new Crimson Red Nemisis. I gotta figur out the other color to go with it. How about clear halo serving material.
    Two very good points. Like Hutch mentioned if these are done by machine, I noticed a goofy spot where my yoke is served. I'd have to get a picture of it, but the 2 colors have a funny separation in them, not major really. I noticed on my module there was a little bit of a lip, just smoothed it out, no problem. One thing I'm going to keep an eye on with mine is the tick for the 1 goes all the way to the edge, just keeping an eye that it doesn't create an sharp edge itself. Strings are strings and one way or another they are going to need to be replaced so really when you look at the big picture it's no big deal.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    As said to another post GO HUTCH OR GO HOME!
    I have a set of his strings on a bow that I gave to my father for christmas. It is by far the best set I have had to date.

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_20120430_212350.jpg
    Would this az look good with black and red strings i wonder?
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, Aliens must always have some green

I have seen some black and red on guys bows and it looks pretty sweet if you can get a few other things to highlight it with.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there! been shooting my pantera magnum this morning and when i was going to store it i noticed the rubber X thing(string suppresor maybe?) on the bottom came off. I found it and it has been chopped in half presumably by my string. Should I be alarmed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deadeyeshot View Post
    Hey there! been shooting my pantera magnum this morning and when i was going to store it i noticed the rubber X thing(string suppresor maybe?) on the bottom came off. I found it and it has been chopped in half presumably by my string. Should I be alarmed?
    Hello!..................I wouldnt be concerned about that , it happens. Its easy to be replaced by backing out your limb bolts to relaxe the cables or by putting it in a press.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

If yors has been cut in half then it probably isn't going to be of much use. If you have an archery shop anywhere nearby you can get a replacement. Simms makes a good one and it's of softer rubber. It should slide right on without having to back off the limb bolts. Just pull the string to one side and slip it on the end of the rod. However if your rubber stopper is too close to the string it should be adjusted so that there is about 1/16" between the string and the bumper. There are two setscrews in the riser to loosen to make the adjustment.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver