Thread: Fury Draw Weight and Draw lenght on 50lb bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fury Draw Weight and Draw lenght on 50lb bow

I want a new Bengal but am torn between the limb weights. I only pull around 50lbs anymore and wonder about your input into getting the 70lb limbs or the 50lb limbs might be. Understand their are some cam/string issues with the new cams and wondering if it has any thing to do with moving the draw weight from + or - . Also I have a 29 in draw lenght and if I turned down a 70lb bow to the 50lb peg would I still be able to reach my draw length. I think the 50lb limbs might be better for me and if the grandson wants to shoot her it would be easy to drop it down for him. What say ye? PS thanks BFisher for the heads up on a previous post.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was myself, I probably go with a 50# max bow so that it could be used to peak performance, besides the specs given (ATA and Brace) are for the max pound peg, and would change a bit by going to a lesser peg. At the very least, I would get a 60# model and then only move one peg, then you'll also have adjust ability both up or down from where you are currently comfortable...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    If it was myself, I probably go with a 50# max bow so that it could be used to peak performance, besides the specs given (ATA and Brace) are for the max pound peg, and would change a bit by going to a lesser peg. At the very least, I would get a 60# model and then only move one peg, then you'll also have adjust ability both up or down from where you are currently comfortable...
    If you know you are going to pull 50# I'd get 50# limbs. You are going to get the most out of it that way in my opinion. Yes you could get a 70# and use the pegs, but take a look at the photo Joel posted on that and see how much the rotation of the cam has to come around. I'd rather have it at where it is intended to be and shoot that way. If you think you might step it up, get a 60# and back it out 2.5 turns or so and shoot that way. That would give you the option to at least go up to 60# if you wanted.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

joelc

I'd go with a 60 lb bow and the string set to the -10 peg...for some reason the bow is more efficient in this setting rather than having it set to maximum weight. I like to think of it as a happy medium.

Post Thanks / Like

joelc; so if I get a 60lb max it will back down if I want to 25lbs for the granson?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    I'd go with a 60 lb bow and the string set to the -10 peg...for some reason the bow is more efficient in this setting rather than having it set to maximum weight. I like to think of it as a happy medium.
    Interesting ... Do you know if there is a recommended "stopping" location for the cam/module? We've been trying to figure that out to make sure people aren't setting it too long and over rotating into the cable serving.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Drop; this is exacly the kind of thing I want to know before dropping a SSI check on a new bow. Without any Martin dealers I have to do most all my own work, one reason I choose Martin bows.