Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: string stops...for real or gimmick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    So does that mean on my 2012 silencer, the little x shaped rubber pieces that are in the string and both cables technically are not needed since it has a string stop? I hear everyone say it eliminates the need for string silencers yet the bow still came with both.
    Actually there is a chance that you dont need them...........only way to find that out is to remove them and shoot the bow to see if there is any difference. Strings and cables are going to vibrate after the shot regardless how the bow is set up, how the bow reacts to the vibration can be tweaked with experimentaion.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

My bone hunter did not come with string silencers on but it did have the string stop on it and it was pretty quiet but i wanted to see if i could get a little more quiet i threw on a set of cat whiskers and it made a bit of difference. I am very happy with it so i would say it all depends on what ylu are looking for in your set up! I dont have any experience with the leach type string silencers i have always used the whiskers they last quite a while!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

The 2011's did not come with string dampeners, just the stop. I put string leeches in because I had some on hand, and it didn't make a bit of difference; the STS was already doing a great job.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

The string stop to a bow is like when AC was put into cars. Shoot without, and shoot with.. "Case solved". I concur with others, there's more to it but the string stop is major.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I had an archery shop tell me today that the problem with the front mounted ones that went under my stabilizer was they had a tendancy to work loose. Anyone had any experience with the norway front mount ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    I had an archery shop tell me today that the problem with the front mounted ones that went under my stabilizer was they had a tendancy to work loose. Anyone had any experience with the norway front mount ones?
    I havent used them myself but I have seen them used and read threads on here about others using them. Yes, Im sure that there is a chance that it could work loose but the same can be said about all the other components on your bow. Im just curious but did the guy at the shop suggest that maybe you get another.....hmmmmm............say a newer bow? It just kinda sounds to me like he isnt really trying to be part of the solution.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have made front and rear sts systems. The front work well if they have a locking nut. Mine never gave me a problem when I had it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    We have made front and rear sts systems. The front work well if they have a locking nut. Mine never gave me a problem when I had it.

Hutch
    Locking nut? You mean locking washer? I am trying to picture one. I assume the STS bracket has a hole that the stabilizer (or a bolt) pass through into the handle bushing.

Am I imagining things or did a picture of a Norway model I seen online have a quick disconnect on the front for your stab to bolt into? That would have meant there was a recessed allen bolt holding it to the riser. If I saw the pic correctly, that was an awesome idea and that is what I would be looking into.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The front system would consist of a bracket with a hole in the center (for riser mounting) and a hole in the side (for sts mounting) and a screw-in extension with nut (for holding the bracket and stabilizer) This allows you to take off the stabilizer when you need to without taking off the sts.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    The front system would consist of a bracket with a hole in the center (for riser mounting) and a hole in the side (for sts mounting) and a screw-in extension with nut (for holding the bracket and stabilizer) This allows you to take off the stabilizer when you need to without taking off the sts.

Hutch
    You are absolutely correct about the front mount stop hutch that is how the one on my alpine is set up and i never had any problems with it loosening up i put some blue loctite on the threads it been on there for about 8 years!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com