Thread: Firecat and MOAB ?

Unregistered

Default Firecat and MOAB ?

At 26 inch draw length and 50 lbs peak draw weigh how fast will a Firecat shoot a 250 grain arrow?

How much peak draw weight would you need to shoot the same arrow at the same speed with a MOAB?

Post Thanks / Like

I should be able to tell you just that in a few weeks, if my bow gets here ina couple weeks. THat's exactly what I have ordered, but my arrow will be 267 gr, so a slight adjustment can be made for the arrow weight.

From my experience with other Martin bows with Nitrous cams I'm expecting some kind of figure like mid 280's. I'm basing this on a camparison with my Pantera w/NitrousX cams, which, at 27" shoots that same arrow at 287 fps. Taking into consdieration that the Pantera is rated at 320 and the FireCat at 335-345 fps my estimate should be pretty close.

My best guess ,again from experience, is that to achive the same speed with the MPro cam I'd need to shoot 8-10# more draw weight. I think looking at their respective IBO estimates bears this out.

Brian Pollard

my firecat shoots a 365 grain arrow at 27'' draw 67# at 286 i thought that was really good for my short draw verry impressed whith bow so far.