Thread: Martin Exile string -peep sight. trouble.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Exile string -peep sight. trouble.

Hello I won a new Excile . I took the bow to the bow shop to get set up for me.
    30 draw.Peep sight .
    When I got the bow home to shoot it. The peep sight would turn to the inside of the bow.
    I took it back to the shop .He put the peep sight back in. I took it home ,the same thing the string would turn into the bow .And then it fell out. I took it back to the shop. I was told the string strands are broken I need a new string and cables. He told me he could not put new string on with out the cables being replace. It would off set the bow .Strings can be thicker.
    Is this guy a crook or is the string on my bow bad. The string would turn every time I shot the bow. I have never had any trouble with my other bows. He told me new cables strings 100 bucks. New string only 60 bucks. Really would like your thought on this. He seems to be young .
    Really love the bow but with the string moving in and out I am frustrated .
    TNX 109ARROW.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As a custom string builder I can tell you that if it is set up right that peep shouldn't move. As for the peep turning constantly could be a few things. But after you said the peep fell out I wouldn't go back to that shop ever again. I do believe that he wasn't doing his job properly. Take some pics of the peep section of the string and post them. You don't need a bow press with a Martin so we can walk you through it and you can install it the right way yourself.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 05-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to forum, sorry about the bad experience! The Hammerhead strings are pretty good strings, and I've had very little stretch or peep rotation on mine. When I first got them set up, the peep did have a tendency to turn a little bit, but it didn't take long to "train" it (just twist it back into place, I often use the corner of my mouth at full draw to turn it) and then it got to point where I never have to touch it.

It sounds like the guy you were dealing with either has really bad craftsmanship or he was taking you for a ride. Keep checking in here with us though and we'll get you through it! Good Luck, and congrats on your new bow!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default I went back and got my bow.

Thanks for your post. I went back to the shop and got my bow. He was upset and look worried . He told me he put the order in for the string. But I feel like he did not put the peep in correct so it moved around and broke some of the string. He wanted me to buy new cables and a new string. 160.00 . I walk in with a new bow got it set up to only come back with him wanting me to spend 160.00 on some thing he did wrong. Going to buy a new string on line.Then go to a new Archery shop. Thinking about calling the BB. Its ok to make money but to break some ones stuff and try to get money off them. sad.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.suck you got a raw deal but befor you buy a new string onling check out our in house string builders.http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...rings-for-sale!
    great string that we all can afford with attention to detail when built

Post Thanks / Like

Send a PM to Hutch and Son, (he posted above). He makes a killer string set at really good prices; get the whole new set and keep your old cable as a backup. Unless he's changed his prices, its $50 for a single cam string set... Hutch?

Then like he said, we here at the forum can walk you through putting them on
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome String builder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 109arrow View Post
    Thanks for your post. I went back to the shop and got my bow. He was upset and look worried . He told me he put the order in for the string. But I feel like he did not put the peep in correct so it moved around and broke some of the string. He wanted me to buy new cables and a new string. 160.00 . I walk in with a new bow got it set up to only come back with him wanting me to spend 160.00 on some thing he did wrong. Going to buy a new string on line.Then go to a new Archery shop. Thinking about calling the BB. Its ok to make money but to break some ones stuff and try to get money off them. sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Send a PM to Hutch and Son, (he posted above). He makes a killer string set at really good prices; get the whole new set and keep your old cable as a backup. Unless he's changed his prices, its $50 for a single cam string set... Hutch?

I have a custom set of strings and cables from Hutch and Sons. They are awesome! I wouldnt go spending your hard earned money on any standard string when you can get one for the fraction of the price from Hutch. His strings by far surpass any string made by machine. You wont be disappointed!!

Brian

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post

yea sounds good to me. I dont know what size a excile has but guess he will know . tnx

Post Thanks / Like

4 sets of strings from Hutch and no complaints.His strings are as good as any and better pricing.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X