Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Exile string -peep sight. trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

109, welcome to the Tech forums. Stick around here and you'll get the help you need from some friendly and experienced people---honest, too. I can only agree with what's been said so far. It sounds like you have been dealing with a shop that is dishonest or just not as experiencd as they should be.

For one thing, jsut about anybody would tell you that with a new bow if there are broken starnds in the string it shouldn't be necessary to replace the cables. If the tech did something wrong that caused broken strands in the string then he should be willing to admit it and replace the string at no cost to you. Let's just say that normally strands just don't break on their own.

In any case a good set of strings doesn't cost $100 unless they are Winner's Choice which are good strings, but nothing better than what many string makers put out these days (Hutch) and at much less money. Winner's Choice is kind of the pioneer of prestretched strings and as such are living on past reputation.

Now that you have your bow back I would do as suggested above and post some pictures and see if we can help you straighten things out on your own. If you are at all mechanically inclined working on a bow is not all that hard. You can learn from the process with our help and this has added benefits. The more your learn the more you can do for yourself. Then you'll have at least some general idea of whether you are getting ripped off if and when you need the services of a shop in the future.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I hate when anyone works on my stuff and tells me it's broken when i KNOW it wasn't when it went into the shop, whether it's a bow or my car. CS builds a reputation that will build any business. As far as the peep sight I have 2 bows with the Whisperlite peep and love it, no seving required and very simple to install and tune if you need to. Lots of good advice here and a couple of excelent videos on you-tube. Best advice is to LEARN how to do the majority of your own maintanence, take your time and you'll find and extra degree of satisfaction in fixin your own stuff. Yes post some pics of your (damaged) string.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff like this bugs the crap outta me. There is a shop near me that I won't even bother stepping foot in. The guys that run it are complete clowns and horrible business people.

Was just at the range last weekend and a guy was there with his 2 kids. One of them shooting a super old PSE, but hey he was shooting. The dad asks me, "how do you keep your peep from turning?" I go to look at his bow and the peep is tied incorrectly. The strands were running through the center channel, not the grove for the strings. So there was no chance of it ever lining up correctly or evening giving enough tilt for him to even see clearly through it.

So I offered to fix it and while doing so, I asked where did he have it done. Sure enough it was that shop. He also said they put a new string on it too. I was wondering about those myself because it was a straight strand string with no twists. Didn't ask what they charged him for the work, but really hope it wasn't that much.

Clearly the guy you are working with is trying to hose you in one way or another. If you have the Exile in hand, get a set from Hutch and we will walk you through on how to put them on yourself. I did the same thing with my 07 Cheetah, though I bought from a different builder, but still put them on myself. Really easy to do once you see it done and do it one time yourself.

You'll get a quality set for $60-70 that will last you quite a while.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default New string

I made a order with Martin for a string HAMMER HEAD I did not want to change the cables the bow only been shot 30 times. But I do need a set for my sons bow DARTON MAVRICK.
    Glad TO GET A HOOK UP ON SOME GOOD STRINGs.
    Guys thanks alot for your help. I did get my bow back but it did not sit well with me. The reason he could of made a order for one string but tried to get me to order cable on top of it . 160.00 plus taxes and a new peep 175.00 FOR A BOW thats been shot only 30 some times.
    I did file with the BBB. I don't like to make waves but this guy was trying to put one over on me. After 8 hand operations I just started to get back into Archery I won a brand new EXCILE FOR 250.00 SHIP TO MY DOOR. Its a good start for me and love the looks and it shoots wicked fast. Well I made enemy but made new friends hear on MARTIN . God Bless you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 109arrow View Post
    I made a order with Martin for a string HAMMER HEAD I did not want to change the cables the bow only been shot 30 times. But I do need a set for my sons bow DARTON MAVRICK.
    Glad TO GET A HOOK UP ON SOME GOOD STRINGs.
    Guys thanks alot for your help. I did get my bow back but it did not sit well with me. The reason he could of made a order for one string but tried to get me to order cable on top of it . 160.00 plus taxes and a new peep 175.00 FOR A BOW thats been shot only 30 some times.
    I did file with the BBB. I don't like to make waves but this guy was trying to put one over on me. After 8 hand operations I just started to get back into Archery I won a brand new EXCILE FOR 250.00 SHIP TO MY DOOR. Its a good start for me and love the looks and it shoots wicked fast. Well I made enemy but made new friends hear on MARTIN . God Bless you guys.
    Hey, you betcha ya made some friends here. By the way, where you located in western Pa?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well its great to have you here. Now stick around and before you know it you will be a pro bow mechanic. It is too bad you had to go through all that. At least that bow is covered under warranty and Martin CS, will take care of you.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com