Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: paper tuning success but still have a question

Post Thanks / Like

I wish more people would figure this out on their own. More isn't always better in all cases.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I shot my ax at 63#, when i got my 70# az i maxed the limb bolts and checked it, and it came in at 65. No big deal. Dl was a little long, at the lowest setting, twisted up my string, shortened my stop a little more. Perfect dl now, but when i lighted up, alot of demons went away. now i can do some real fine tuning, but i dont think i have much more to do. Reset some pins, and i think i will be shooting lights out......
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I think it had more to do with how much weight i am holding, more than anything. And possibly arow spline. But the main thing is its shooting well and im happy. Mostly that im happy.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I wish more people would figure this out on their own. More isn't always better in all cases.
    Is this directed at me? If so I appologize for any stupid questions I am asking.
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    I think it had more to do with how much weight i am holding, more than anything. And possibly arow spline. But the main thing is its shooting well and im happy. Mostly that im happy.
    My bow is still set at max where it was from the facyory. I think I will put my scale one it and see. Maybe I can turn it down 1/2 turn or something. This is a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmwr View Post
    Is this directed at me? If so I appologize for any stupid questions I am asking.
    No, it was in referrence to Justin shooting 59# to get the consistency he was seeking. It was not meant toward anybody else in particular. Just a statement that so many people today think more i better. ie, the need to 70# bows to have MORE speed, MORE kinetic energy, and so forth. It's just the culture in the US these days.

cmwr, nothing personal and I'd never say you or anybody else asks stupid questions. How else would you learn? You have nothing to apologize for.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

archery is a very personall thing you can ask questions to see what works for one person but it may not work for you a lot of time it is trail and error
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Right barry. My norm was 63 pounds, i started shooting at 70 ish though. Now im down to 59 pounds. And like barry said, you surely dont have to turn your bow down, but maybe you would be more accurate, maybe you could shoot more before getting tired. Its all up to you. It is really easy to back your limb bolts out two turns and try shooting a few groups. You can always turn them back in. I started shooting lower weight when i failed to draw on a doe, from sitting in a stand all day. That isnt going to happen to me ever again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    No, it was in referrence to Justin shooting 59# to get the consistency he was seeking. It was not meant toward anybody else in particular. Just a statement that so many people today think more i better. ie, the need to 70# bows to have MORE speed, MORE kinetic energy, and so forth. It's just the culture in the US these days.

cmwr, nothing personal and I'd never say you or anybody else asks stupid questions. How else would you learn? You have nothing to apologize for.

Barry
    I have gave more than my 2 cents over on AT on various threads in the past feeling just as you are stating. Back in the day I comfortably pulled 70 lbs. There is nothing wrong with me now. I mean physically I still can. But I prefer a lighter weight now cause i realize it gets the job done with much less effort. I thinK all these macho buffs need to grow up. This all trickles back to the I am gonna buy a 1000 dollar bow because everyone else is theory. It seems like nowadays no one wants to do their own thing anymore. We have become a society of "followers". Aggravating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Right barry. My norm was 63 pounds, i started shooting at 70 ish though. Now im down to 59 pounds. And like barry said, you surely dont have to turn your bow down, but maybe you would be more accurate, maybe you could shoot more before getting tired. Its all up to you. It is really easy to back your limb bolts out two turns and try shooting a few groups. You can always turn them back in. I started shooting lower weight when i failed to draw on a doe, from sitting in a stand all day. That isnt going to happen to me ever again
    I turned my bow down 1 turn last night and it now pulls 58 lbs. I actually never felt 60 was very heavy especially with this smooth a drawing bow. I never have gotten tired with this new one yet. But still maybe 2 less lbs will make it shoot that much better. I will find out.