Thread: gang adjustments

Post Thanks / Like

Default gang adjustments

I got a question about sights. All my sights are like most modern sights in that they have a gang adjustment as well as individual pin adjustment. If you got your 20 and 30 yard pins dialed in and hitting excellent, then you change the tuning on your bow( like centershot via paper tuning) and get your arrows to flying even better than before, and once you use the gang adjustment to get your 20 yard pin dialed back in shouldn't your 30 yard pin still be dialed in?

In other words shouldn't the spacing between the pins remain the same as before?

All things else are equal like poundage, spine, tip weight ect. So if anything the FPS may have increased slightly due to better flight meaning that the arrow could, if at all, have LESS drop than before. But today it seemed like my 30 yard pin was shooting way low after 20 was dialed in. And I never took the pins loose. I readjusted my sight after all rest adjustments were completed with the gang adjustments only. As mentioned in my other post, I was getting tired and it could have been shake. But it seemed on my better shots it still hit kinda low. I wouldn't think the pin spacing would have changed at all.
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

I always adjust my gang for 40 yards and go back to 20 and see how it looks. A little lo at 20 can be much lower at 40.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

That makes sense
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

i have a tool that i screw into the front arrow rest hole it is offset to where it lines my arrow exactly inline with the arrow rest holes i bring the bow square down until it sets on the tool, then i install my d-loop, then i ajust the rest up until the laucher in the cocked position hits the bow square rod. i only use quad hunter rest & i use the backhole to mount it, i use a tool to set my center shot . then i measure from the 20 yard pin down to the top of the arrow, which i know what this disstance needs to be, and i know what the space between the 20 & 30 and the space between the 30 & 40 is, thats the only pins i use. i can go out and shoot at a 20 yard target & make the gang ajustments & not have to move the other pins at all. all my sights, rest ,peeps , the distance between the peep & loop are the same on all my bows, draw wt. & length are the same. i might have to move the rest left or right to get my arrows to fly strait out of the bow, then i have to ajust the windage a little. in my oppinion you shouldn't have to move your 30 yard pin
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,