Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any pics. of 1 pc. quiver for newer martins?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any pics. of 1 pc. quiver for newer martins?

Looking for a detachable quiver for my 2012 cougar. Whats everyones take?

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the kwikee 6 arrow on my shadowcat. The cat has a super long riser so I really didn't like how low it was. So gave it to my boy. now I have the g5 head-loc on it now and it is nice. slides up and or down some has a rubber mount so its nice and viberation free. Almost bought a alpine soft loc but got a better deal on the g5. i will get some pics up some time today.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok cool, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

g5 headloc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

What camo patterns do you guys think matches the next G1 camo pattern i have thought about getting a new quiver my self?
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of these and had high hopes it would work for me and my setup, but being an odd-ball, especially regarding broadheads (using Grizzly and Grizzly El Grande/Kodiak), it didn't. I really liked the dual grippers and vertical adjustability and easy attach/detach mechanism and the 6-arrow capacity. What I didn't like was the hood. For me it's too short - doesn't cover enough length of the broadhead edges - and I didn't like the fact it has cloth material covering the hood and the lower edge of the hood and the inside has no dampening material. I found it was too easy for my broadhead edges to make contact with the edge material when removing an arrow, cutting the cloth edge lining all too often and too easy and causing it to get frayed prematurely. I also found it to be noisy during arrow removal - my broadhead would make contact with the inside of the plastic hood and make a noise that I'm sure any game animal within shooting range could hear. My current Kwikee quiver hood is rubber lined and dampens contact noise which is a big plus in the field. The only only thing I wish my current quiver had is a 5 to 6 arrow capacity - the main reason I bought the G5 Head-Loc. Due to the hood and it's shortcomings (for my setup), I returned it the next day.

Now, to add a little more to this story, another poster on AT started a thread about Kwikee's excellent customer service and how they had taken really good care of him when he dropped his bow and cracked the hood of his VERY old Kwikee quiver which started buzzing afterward due to the pieces being held together by the rubber lining and buzzing when he shot. Kwikee sent him a replacement, no questions asked. I commented that I really liked my 4-arrow Kwikee Combo, with the only thing I wished it had was 5-6 arrow capacity. A VP at Kwikee got onto this thread and mentioned the company is coming out with some new products fairly soon to address our "concerns". I'm hoping it will be a 6 arrow version of the K4 Combo I currently have (dual grippers and so on). So, if anyone is looking for a good, very reasonably priced, higher capacity quiver like the Kwikee K4, keep checking the company's website. It hasn't been posted yet but I'm hoping it will be by summer.

BTW, I have no affiliation with Kwikee at all. I just like their product - very reasonably priced (about $30 for my current quiver) and it has all the features most hunters would like and need (dual grippers, quiet, easy to attach/detach and the hood covers broadheads well).
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Alpine Bear claw quiver myself. They come in a few different camo colors, hold 5 arrows, and have replaceable foam inserts to hold your broadheads in place. They also are quick disconnect and have a tree mount available. $30 and a thumbs up.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lung Buster View Post
    What camo patterns do you guys think matches the next G1 camo pattern i have thought about getting a new quiver my self?
    the bohning chameleon has a lot of camo choices to pick from and next is one of them but i think its vista not g1. its a pretty good looking inexpensive quiver i was thinking of getting it but im going to save up for a tight spot quiver

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the Wildman detachable quivers they sell at Martin. It is a 4 arrow removable and is the Next 1 camo so it matches my Onza perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 on the Alpine Bearclaw 5...and some pics on my Bengal Pro.
    IMG_4394 (600x800).jpgIMG_4397 (600x800).jpg
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane