Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big thanks to Brandon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Just wanted to send out a big thank you to Brandon at Martin tech repair. Joel was away in meetings, and Brandon stepped in and took care of a bow that had been "lost". Got it back yesterday, and this thing is a shooter now. 2008 Firecat updated to 2012. They did their typical great job, and a VERY fast turn around time once the bow was "found". Thanks Brandon and Martin!
    Brandon built my bow according to the sticker. Way to go brandon. No troubles with mine either. Nice bow by the way.
    Last edited by cmwr; 05-26-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Martin Silencer,Nitrous cams, NAP Apache rest, Tru Glo sight
    Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams, NAP drop away rest, Extreme sight
    Gold Tip shafts, Twister vanes, NAP Shockwaves

Post Thanks / Like

Wabbit, Not sure how this is happening, but I ran the bow through my chrono this weekend. Says it's only getting 270fps. 59# draw@28.25 True draw, 343 gr. arrow. Now, the weird part......... Using an HHA sight on it, and using the number 31 yardage tape. That's a lower number (smaller yardage gap) than I am using on my Onza or FC400, and both those bows are shooting over 300fps. Replaced the batteries in the chrono, shot again, 270. Can't figure this one out. I decided to start tuning for broadheads. Shot one from 20 yards, dead on. 40 yards, dead on. 60 yards, dead on. Never had to make a single adjustment, and the broadheads are hitting in the same group as FP's out to 70 yards. That was nice. Overall, this is easily comparable to my Onzas that I love so much for overall shootability, it's a bit quieter, although supposedly slower.

If anyone has any ideas why this is shooting slower, but has a smaller yardage gap, I'd love to hear from you. Gonna drive me nuts until I find out why. lol

Eric
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Wabbit, Not sure how this is happening, but I ran the bow through my chrono this weekend. Says it's only getting 270fps. 59# draw@28.25 True draw, 343 gr. arrow. Now, the weird part......... Using an HHA sight on it, and using the number 31 yardage tape. That's a lower number (smaller yardage gap) than I am using on my Onza or FC400, and both those bows are shooting over 300fps. Replaced the batteries in the chrono, shot again, 270. Can't figure this one out. I decided to start tuning for broadheads. Shot one from 20 yards, dead on. 40 yards, dead on. 60 yards, dead on. Never had to make a single adjustment, and the broadheads are hitting in the same group as FP's out to 70 yards. That was nice. Overall, this is easily comparable to my Onzas that I love so much for overall shootability, it's a bit quieter, although supposedly slower.

If anyone has any ideas why this is shooting slower, but has a smaller yardage gap, I'd love to hear from you. Gonna drive me nuts until I find out why. lol

Eric
    Well Eric this might come off a little weird, or make me sound crazy but here is my opinion, I found with my years of shooting that a heavier arrow drops more from 20-30 yards then a lighter arrow, but as you step back to 50-60 yards the lighter arrow starts to drop significantly more then the heavier arrow. The way i like to think of it is the resistance slowing a feather down going 300 mph is gonna have a greater affect in the long run then the resistance slowing a semi truck down doing 50mph. If you could chrono both arrows at 50 yards away i bet youd be suprised to find out the firecat is faster then your onzas. once again just my opinion do what you want with it . lol
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)