Thread: 2012 onza 3 pro review

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 onza 3 pro review

Well its been a little dry for reviews lately so i thought id give a little bit of a review on my onza now that ive shot a few times. Anyway finish and machining were perfect on this bow no marks anywhere and cams look good and i can see no points of serving seperation or abnormal string wear. I bought the 60lb model and it maxes at 62.4 and when you draw it definatly feels like 62 all the way into the valley the draw is butter smooth and no hump to speak of at all. as most of you know the draw stop on the cam to adjust let off and what not provides a solid back wall and a sweet hold at full draw. The cams upon let down do wanna go a little bit but nothing unmanagble especially for a bow of that speed. measured the brace height right at 7.25 and 33.25 right on the money. the bow does feel heavier the 4 pounds bare bow, but that could just be me being a girl lol, at the shot the bow is completely dead in my hand and no vibration at all a slight bottom kick but a good stabilizer will take care of that, by far the most vib free bow i feel imo that martin has ever produced. im shooting at 62lbs and a 29inch draw comfortably and it feels smoking fast havent chroned it but i feel it could achieve ibo speed easily. ill take it up to the shop sometime in the near future for speeds, i shoot this bow better at 35 yards then my old bow at 20 and i was even putting groups together at 70 with it, it is the best of both worlds a target bow like hold and accuracy and compact and movability of a hunting bow.
    Anyway to sum it all up on a scale of 1-10, fit and finish-10, vibration handshock and feel-9 (slight bottom kick), tunability-10, accuracy-10, by far the best bow ive ever owned i tip my hat to martin for making a great shooter perfect... well maybe a good shooter a little better
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bow congrats! I love mine, and I'm sure you will too
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet bow. I'm a huge fan of the Onza, for all the reasons you stated. The best all around bows I own.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys messed around with her today and was actually hitting the target and making what id call groups at 80 yards!!!! that hha sight and the onza were meant for each other lol
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to buy one soon. went and shot it could not belive how good it felt. It will be my target bow carbon black.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coastie hunter View Post
    I am going to buy one soon. went and shot it could not belive how good it felt. It will be my target bow carbon black.
    i shoot 3d and hunt mainly but man this bow holds like a longer a2a bow at full draw and just balances out perfect i almost have to try to move it off target.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum