Thanks for the review! I also made a comparison test for Onza 3 vs. Hoyt CRX 32 for a Finnish bowhunting magazine. This 60# Onza 3 also peaked at 62#. To sum it up for the Onza 3 (some points that I remember):
- very smooth draw, especially the transition to the valley is radically nicer than in the Hoyt. And this stays in full draw even if you relax a bit - if you do that with Hoyt, it just takes off. Onza 3 is easier to handle in hunting situations.
- good narrow grip - better than Hoyt
- wider and easier draw length adjustments than Hoyt
- no cam lean (as opposed to Hoyt which needed adjustment)
- louder than Hoyt (both were equipped with SlipJax string silencers, which made a huge difference to Onza 3 noise - I highly recommend).
- significantly heavier than specified (I measured the weight)
- sharp edges on modules were eating the cable servings (had to fix this myself by filing/buffind the module edges)
- Speed was basically the same as for Hoyt
Rytera Nemesis, 2012
Martin Onza 3, 2011
Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
Martin Phantom II, 2003