Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which vanes!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I vote Blazers with an off set, if you can. I use AAE MAX hunters know vs. Blazers; they seem to give me better spin out over 6o yards, plus much better with Slick Trick Razors. I did some testing this weekend with Slick Trick 100g Mag and 100g Razors from 20-80 yards. (Razor won with % hit in vital area) Remember that human error is a factor, I did shoot over 200 arrow.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Another brand worth considering is Bi-Delta. I'm using the 2.5" Sharkstooth for all my arrows and have been very impressed. They weigh less than 2" Blazers, are .5" tall (like Blazers) and have a very small cross-section so they don't catch much wind (benefit is less wind drift) and perform as well or better (accuracy and grouping) than Blazer or Fusion vanes in my testing. When installed with helical pitch they act like 2 sets of small vanes, with the front set offset from the back set a small amount. They're also quite tough and stick on well - I've yet to have one come off even on pass-through shots on targets and hay bales.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

those do look pretty cool Rocky, thanks for the info and review!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i bouught a aae waterloo little chopper and used the wing feathers from the last turkey i harvested to die cut my own 3 inch shield back feathers. they fly well and are naturally barred . ill be sure to post pics of the whole process its quiet interesting

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    i bouught a aae waterloo little chopper and used the wing feathers from the last turkey i harvested to die cut my own 3 inch shield back feathers. they fly well and are naturally barred . ill be sure to post pics of the whole process its quiet interesting
    Sounds good dz, Like to see some pics of the feathers.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'll always use fobs for hunting but I sure like these 4 inch AAE Elite Plastifletch vanes. I tried more offset yesterday making sure it will still stay on the shaft. I will be going Helical next. I'm gonna buy some 5 inch for my indoor arrows.

Excuse the excess glue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I'll always use fobs for hunting but I sure like these 4 inch AAE Elite Plastifletch vanes. I tried more offset yesterday making sure it will still stay on the shaft. I will be going Helical next. I'm gonna buy some 5 inch for my indoor arrows.

Excuse the excess glue.

Nice.

At least you know they aren't coming off.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well i fletched 6 arrows with 4" duravanes with 3% helical,what a difference,got back the accuracy i was missing.Cant remember why i swiched oh well what ever works.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been shooting blazers ..But,I am looking at some 3 inch fusion vanes myself ..I shot magnus buzz cuts and and have done pretty good with blazers .However, I think ,they push to far up in my wisker biscut .Too tight going though ...the 3 inch fusion vanes set lower and are stiff like a blazer ..Plan on right off set with them...