Thread: Top Cam Pin Busted

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Top Cam Pin Busted

Well the top Cam string pin busted and slaps the snot out of my arm on my 2011 Fire Cat 400. Have emailed CS and hope Joel gets it. Was just target shooting and Wham. Son of a B…..itch it hurt. I just put on a new string I got from hutch, looks OK, if not I’ll be getting a new string. The limbs seem to be fine, but lost and arrow. Has anyone had this happen…. I’m trying to down load a pic from the Wife computer but it ant happening.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

WOW that sucks! Its the first I've heard of it on here, however I do remember a post where someone noticed that one of the cable/string posts on his cam was bent... It was replaced immediately by CS. I'm glad you didn't get more than a scare out of it!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is too bad. Don't like to hear about those things. Hope everything goes well for you. As long as everything is good, Cs should take care of you. I have heard of the once before but only once. I believe this one was the cam itself.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tosi,

I wouldn't count on an email unless it was to Joel personally at joel@martinarchery.com. You're better off to just make the phone call on tuesday. 1-800-541-8902 Ext. 3
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Tosi,

I wouldn't count on an email unless it was to Joel personally at joel@martinarchery.com. You're better off to just make the phone call on tuesday. 1-800-541-8902 Ext. 3
    Thxs all, will call on tues and send Joel email and Pic from my office computer, works better than the wifes. My upper arms is Black, Blue and Red were the cable cut me. Iced it and it feels a lot better just looks bad.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Tosi,

Not trying to bust your balls Barry but why wouldn't you count on an email? I answer ALL of the emails and nearly every phone call. If you send an email to the general box and another to my personal account that just means that I have to answer two emails instead of one. If you email, then turn around and call...that means I answer the call and the email...and in the meantime I'm backed up by another call or email. If you haven't had a response when emailing check your Junk/Spam box...MSN, Hotmail and gmail constantly filter our emails.

Yes...I answered his email and his dealer contacted us. Calling or emailing IMO just wastes time...the first thing you should always do is contact a dealer...that is absolutely the fastest way to receive parts or service.
    Last edited by joelc; 05-30-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Not trying to bust your balls Barry but why wouldn't you count on an email? I answer ALL of the emails and nearly every phone call. If you send an email to the general box and another to my personal account that just means that I have to answer two emails instead of one. If you email, then turn around and call...that means I answer the call and the email...and in the meantime I'm backed up by another call or email. If you haven't had a response when emailing check your Junk/Spam box...MSN, Hotmail and gmail constantly filter our emails.

Yes...I answered his email and his dealer contacted us. Calling or emailing IMO just wastes time...the first thing you should always do is contact a dealer...that is absolutely the fastest way to receive parts or service.
    As always thanks joel!
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post

Sorry 'bout that Joel, but I've read many posts here and on AT where someone has emailed the company and never gotten a response. Tht is why I just recommend that they call and talk to you. Maybe some of the posters are just blowing smoke. Tht's part of the trouble with the internet. I used to always recommend that customers see their dealer first as I know that is the best recommendation, but guess I lost sight of that fact. Part of the reason is that you have a reputation fr being one of the best CS reps in the business and you're such a pleasant person to talk to. Thanks for the reminder about seeing a dealer first. I'll try to remember it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver