Thread: Sad day today!!!!

Hybrid View

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sad day today!!!!

Well guys, its a very sad day today. I had to put down our cat. We had her for 14 years. My whole family is not doing well, as she was a big part of the family.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats to bad,never easy to do,but on the brite side there is no shortage of cats........................

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, Bill. My condolences to your whole family. I've always been a realist and say animals are just animals, but when I had to put my Beagle (hunting buddy) down some years back I bawled my eyes out. It left an empty spot in my heart as my dad had died 3 years prior and she was all that was left of my hunting buddies. I honestly believe I could part with my wife with less trauma (she doesn't hunt).

To this day I vow not to get another dog. I'd like to but although I miss them both it's a lot easier to cope now and it's nice being able to just lock the door and go on a trip without having to worry about a pet.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear that Bill, my wife and I have two dogs and a cat and to us they are just like children and a major part of our family. I know the day will come for us, that too will be a very sad day.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read that Bill. My condolencences to your family. I know how they feel, had to do the same thing 4 years ago, and back in the 90's I had a Doberman that I had to have put down, broke my heart, and to this day, I have'nt had another dog, although am thinking strongly about a Greman Shorthair Pointer puppy soon. Grandson's dog is getting real gray around his muzzle, the dog is nine now. Time will help, but the family will always feel the loss. Hug everyone, spread the love.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I understand, I'm sorry . We have a cat that is 16 and I don't know how much longer he'll be with us either. I just know it will kill my wife and kids (I might miss him a little too )
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps