Do you do it?
    How often?
    What do you do?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

OFCOURSE!!! every year i take my cams off my bow and grease them make sure everythings still in working condition, and ofcourse regular string waxing and before i shoot my bow at a 3d shoot or go hunting i check my limbs for hairline cracks and do a complete equipment look over especially my arrows. You can never be to careful when it comes to anything that is potentially dangerous.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    OFCOURSE!!! every year i take my cams off my bow and grease them make sure everythings still in working condition, and ofcourse regular string waxing and before i shoot my bow at a 3d shoot or go hunting i check my limbs for hairline cracks and do a complete equipment look over especially my arrows. You can never be to careful when it comes to anything that is potentially dangerous.
    well not grease but oil with oil for a paintball gun
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I use white lithium grease in a spray can, but I havent keep a bow more than a year in the last 6 years but I'm really loving my firecat mite start a new trend
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

If it's the Planet Eclipse oil it's sewing machine oil and will not stay where it's put. Dow 55 or Dow 33 are super o-ring greases but I'm not sure about the lubricity on hard parts. Tri-Flow Grease is great stuff if you can find it. Tri-Flow oil is fairly common.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dugout View Post
    If it's the Planet Eclipse oil it's sewing machine oil and will not stay where it's put. Dow 55 or Dow 33 are super o-ring greases but I'm not sure about the lubricity on hard parts. Tri-Flow Grease is great stuff if you can find it. Tri-Flow oil is fairly common.
    I used to have a bicycle business and all we used it Tri-flow and I still buy it through the bicycle places. It is the best thing I have found for sealed bearings.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dugout View Post
    i know its not the planet eclipse its from a tippmann im not for sure what kind but it seems to work very well on my cheetah over the past 3 years.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bow Maintenance the first thing I asked is, do you do it? Reason I asked is so many don't and wait till the last moment and the results are not good. The next question is how often? Some think service a bow once a year is enough. Well if you are a heavy shooter you need to check the bow regularly. Many times I have checked the bow over and glad I did. Limb splinters is the number one thing I have found. The last question I asked is What do you do for maintenance? I think WildWilt15 answered it pretty well. The one thing that needs the most maintenance is the string set. Too many things can go wrong with it. A well maintained bow preforms well.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Bow Maintenance!!!!!!
    Do you do it? - Yes
    How often? - Depends
    What do you do? - Depends
    I typically have tinker-itis. I like to know how the bow operates inside and out so I am able to take care of whatever I need to in the event something goes wrong. I regularly look over my strings before/after shooting. Keep an eye on the serverings to see if there is any wear and how bad it might be. Give the strings a good waxing every other shooting session. I keep an eye on all of my hardware to make sure it is all snugged up. When I need to use any lube, I use White Lithium grease. I haven't had to do much for my 2 newer bows, but I did break the Cheetah down and grease up the Limb Pockets / Bolts at the end of the season. I haven't dove into getting cams off yet, but I'm sure when the time comes it's something I'll figure out.

Whenever I adjust anything, I always measure out ATA and BH just to make sure everything is inline as well there.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff