Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin/ Rytera Speeds...for Short draw ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin/ Rytera Speeds...for Short draw ??

I am sure there is some fast bows out there But, my Martins have always been pretty fast and pretty Smooth...However, I normally shoot around 60 pounds ,,I try and tune em up to where they feel good to me and if that is 57lbs or 63lbs thats ok with me ...I am getting 280 out of my Aillen X with a 26 inch draw at 60 lbs with just adding in my head about a 350 gr arrow ...I think ,that is about as fast of a bow as I can get ..What other bows in the Martin family do you think would be faster...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You are pretty much at the top of the list. From what I know the Firecat/Cougar/Silencer will be pretty close and I think the Onza will put out some juice if set up properly.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Considerin the arrow weight (even approximate) you're getting pretty decent speed. Better than I get at 26.75" draw. My fastest bow lately has been the Alien Z and it was getting right at 275 shooting 47# and a 275gr arrow. The only bow I've had from the Martn line that was faster was a 2004 SlayR that shot the same arrow, 53# and 27.5" draw, and it shot 308fps. Ah, loved those Nitrous cams.

To tell the truth, I've learned a lot over the last 40 years of shooting compounds and got into the technical side of things pretty heavily. A couple years ago my chrono bit the dust and I haven't replaced it. I'm kind of glad now that it's gone, because now I'm not as disappointed in bow performance. Like you, I now set them up so they feel good and shoot well and archery is starting to become fun again.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I thought that was pretty darn good speed ...It draws well and holds real good like that as well..And I know what you are saying about getting too caught up with speed.. I use to shoot 70lbs a few years back ..I thought I had to for the speed ...Now, I like a smoother easier shooting bow and wth some zip to boot ,is nice...I am liking it ...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Alien X is the best all around bow thats ever been built.

Post Thanks / Like

For hunting? Yes. My alien z really really loves the 10 ring in 3d though, more so than my alien x
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftshooter View Post
    I am sure there is some fast bows out there But, my Martins have always been pretty fast and pretty Smooth...However, I normally shoot around 60 pounds ,,I try and tune em up to where they feel good to me and if that is 57lbs or 63lbs thats ok with me ...I am getting 280 out of my Aillen X with a 26 inch draw at 60 lbs with just adding in my head about a 350 gr arrow ...I think ,that is about as fast of a bow as I can get ..What other bows in the Martin family do you think would be faster...Thanks

I have to make a correction to this I did not realize this bow at its lowest setting is 27 ...I asked when I bought this bow at a shop it was a demo ,,if it went down to 26 .not sure what he said ..but, I was talking to two guys ect ..and he adjusted it and said here you go ...It did not feel to bad and I can shoot it good ..Anyway,, that speed is at 27-60 ...

Post Thanks / Like

Im getting impressive speeds and ke out of my onza. 378 grain arrow at 288fps with a 29 inch draw and 60 pounds. im getting about 70 pounds of kinetic energy im loving it this bow packs a punch and does it fast.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alien Z's

I love the Z's.

I have several.

All shoot 314 to 317 at 27 3/4 draw ibo legal.

They shoot really good for both ASA and IBO and Hunting.

I'm ready to play around with my Alien XT....just haven't got the time yet.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2010 nemesis gets 292fps at 29 inch draw 63lbs with a 381 grain arrow. Im happy as hell with what im shooting.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight