Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tick Help

Post Thanks / Like

And whats wrong with ALPO.???

Post Thanks / Like

See my dr, i dont think so, gotta pull out that handy dandy little black book lmao. JK dont need that help aid yet only 30 and still going strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by dugout View Post
    It don't sound right but it is!
    I got the tip from an avid trout fisherman and Veterinarian. He said "one around each wrist and each ankle".
    It's simple, effective, put them on and take them off, no clothing treatments, great stuff.

Test it to make sure about allergic reactions, obviously.

Oh, if you have an erection for longer than four hours, see your doctor.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of ticks!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first post on this forum so I'd like to say howdy first off. On a serious note always pull the tick back with the body straight away from the head. NEVER light it's rear end hoping it will let go. The tick regurgitates all it's fluid into the host when you do this. You have a better chance of getting Rocky Mountain fever or Lymes when it does this. Hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Arrow View Post
    This is my first post on this forum so I'd like to say howdy first off. On a serious note always pull the tick back with the body straight away from the head. NEVER light it's rear end hoping it will let go. The tick regurgitates all it's fluid into the host when you do this. You have a better chance of getting Rocky Mountain fever or Lymes when it does this. Hope it helps.
    First post, and a good one, too. Didn't know that and it's very valuable information. You have my permission to keep on posting. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to be of service. Knowledge is power and if it keeps me out of a sick bed and in a tree stand, well that's pretty powerful.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sawyer spray is the way to go.

I also use sawyers spray, I get it from a local guy that buys it in cases. You can watch the ticks run from you.

I keep my hunting clothes in a separte place so I know they are covered and ready for use.
    Just remember to spray in an open area, made all of my friend sick first year we used it.

Dont forget the thermalcell for the tree stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tick Help

Hi All

I am a South African Bow Hunter, and spend most of my time in the African Bushveld.

Dont know what ticks you guys have there, but here, our ticks are ON STEROIDS !

Tick bite fever is pretty common ( and certainly not a walk in the park ) so we take as many precautions as possible in order to avoid this bug.

The BEST ( of the best ! ) remedy in Africa, is a product ( aerosol ) called Bayticol. Hardly any smell, designed to spray on cammos etc, non toxic to humans, but it WILL kill ticks on contact. Stuff is made by Bayer Pharmaceuticals in SA, would presume theye are in the States as well ?? The poison impregnates your clothes and is effective for up to 3 x washes.

Never leave home without it, and since using it, havent seen a tick on my gillie / cammos for ages.

Hope it helps guys

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBow_Hunter View Post
    Hi All

I am a South African Bow Hunter, and spend most of my time in the African Bushveld.

Dont know what ticks you guys have there, but here, our ticks are ON STEROIDS !

Tick bite fever is pretty common ( and certainly not a walk in the park ) so we take as many precautions as possible in order to avoid this bug.

The BEST ( of the best ! ) remedy in Africa, is a product ( aerosol ) called Bayticol. Hardly any smell, designed to spray on cammos etc, non toxic to humans, but it WILL kill ticks on contact. Stuff is made by Bayer Pharmaceuticals in SA, would presume theye are in the States as well ?? The poison impregnates your clothes and is effective for up to 3 x washes.

Never leave home without it, and since using it, havent seen a tick on my gillie / cammos for ages.

Hope it helps guys
    A Big welcome to the forum. Great info, thanks for sharing. Since those little buggers are nasty and I don't want them around. I will have to look into this stuff.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    X2 on this! Ticks are a way of life here in the valley..........I pull a tank sprayer over my woods trails all summer long to kill them.........spray my lawn also. The larva in late summer is the worst...........around here they call them turkey ticks, but truth is they dont have anything to do with the turkeys. They get on ah man by the 100s, ah few years ago my wife had to go to the hospital with over 200 bites. All I can say is...........(DEET) !!!!

deet is the key and its hard to find in pure forms try sawyers premium maxi deet, i bought it for mosquitoes before the thermocell came out and its the second best thing in my opinion 98.11 percent deet thats pretty freaking pure, i bought it at a military surplus store i dont know where else to get it besides online, here ill post a pic for you