Thread: Scepter V

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scepter V

been shooting my scepter v now for a few weeks. i like it better each time i take it out. fact is, it got me up to my best scores yet. my only complaint is that the finish isn't up to standards. it is the black finish and chips pretty easy, at least easier than it should. saw one that a body shop fellow had painted white and then had custom red decals...it was nice. don't know how the flexing of the limbs doesn't crack the paint, but it doesn't.
    Last edited by CarlosII; 06-04-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling. can you believe that?

Post Thanks / Like

Does the Scepter have the carbon fiber dipped finish? or is it a painted/powder coat type finish? Just curious what black finish comes on the Scepter.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

it , has the carbon fiber limbs with a solid black riser. does that help? i'm not about to give up on that bow! its a shooter as they say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    been shooting my scepter v now for a few weeks. i like it better each time i take it out. fact is, it got me up to my best scores yet. my only complaint is that the finish isn't up to standards. it is the black finish and chips pretty easy, at least easier than it should. saw one that a body shop fellow had painted white and then had custom red decals...it was nice. don't know how the flexing of the limbs doesn't crack the paint, but it doesn't.

They use A flex agent in the paint like they put on plastic bumper
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed the same thing, in fact, there were 2 small chips on the "black carbon" finish when I received the bow out of the box. Frankly, I've always put more emphasis on the practicle side of things so as long as the finish doesn't affect perfomance (can't see how it would) it's of little consequence in the grand scheme of things.

Of course, I like to have things I just bought in perfect condition, praticality be damned.

It is a sweet bow though isn't it? I use to shoot an old model Martin cougar, not sure of the year of make but it featured round cams an old schol magnesium riser (so I was told by my father in law) and is 46" ATA or was it 48? The change in performance is indescribable!

Anyway I digress... Martin should address the black carbon finish issue. I hate the camo thing and hot rod red isn't for me.

Durandal
    MArtin scepter v
    53.4# 29.5 DL
    Still shoping around for a good set of arrows, currently using Easton excel 400.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 scepters that shoot lights out so I don't mind the finish. I view the bow as a tool,not a jewel!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default my scepter v

Just like you all have said the finish isnt the best, But it is a heck of a bow!!! very comfortable shooting it. sad thing is i have a scepter 2 that has the anodized blue riser with no scratches because it is just that anodized. I really wish Martin would anodize there risers again!!! i would pay extra for just that. but nonetheless this scepter v is def one of the best bows in my opinion martin has made in a long long time. i have been shooting so well with it. Martin i love you all to death been with you for almost 30 years but listen to us and anodize them risers again please.