Thread: Nap scissor rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nap scissor rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody use this rest,any good,i got one in a trade looks to built pretty tough.Not sure if im going to use it or not but im just curious about it,thanks.
    Last edited by Speedykills; 06-05-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Anybody use this rest,any good,i got one in a trade looks to built pretty tough.Not sure if im going to use it or not but im just curious about it,thanks.
    I also got one in a trade. I don't currently use it, but I am somewhat curious about it. I have reasons to believe this could actually be a better rest than the QAD Ultra Rest HD that I am currently using; I wrote before about the trouble with QAD Ultra Rest in cold weather/moisture with traditional rod/slide type of cable guard. I also know a case that one guy broke the plastic fork of the QAD rest during a 3D competition. The NAP sizzor has metal "scissors" instead of plastic.

I have the Hoyt version of this rest. It is a bit different because of the bridged riser I think, but on the other hand, Onza 3 also has bridged riser... I don't know why it wouldn't fit to Onza 3 too.

http://www.newarchery.com/products/2...ne-sizzor.html

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Default UPDATE....First Impressions.................................

I tried to put it on my bow but not enough clearance,i installed some small washers between monting bracket and body,can adjust it now,but still havent tried it.......

Ok in antisipating getting my bengal i wanted to try the scissor rest to see if i could put it on my firehawk and put TT shakey hunter on my new bengal.Well after putting it on and setting it up all i can say is IM BLOWN AWAY how good this rest is.I would never of thought it would perform like it did.Installation was easy,the two washers gave it clearance for it wouldnt fit tight against riser.Setup was a brease,watched install video on nap sight made it easy.
    One thing about the rest it really is built tough all quality parts.after getting it setup spent about 20 min tuning my firehawk no problems at all opened everytime,enough space to drive a mach truck through.Didnt take long to get it shooting bullets.
    Spent altleast a hour shooting bow,rest is quiet,full containment,you dont have to worry about arrow falling off rest.One thing i liked about rest is it doesnt take all the travel of down bus cable to activate it so you guys with hybrid,cat,nitro,ect cams it wont mess with timing.
    So im going to spend more time with it and if it proves out ill be putting one on bengal also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Speedykills; 06-23-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    I tried to put it on my bow but not enough clearance,i installed some small washers between monting bracket and body,can adjust it now ... Installation was easy,the two washers gave it clearance for it wouldnt fit tight against riser.
    I consider buying this rest for my Nemesis. I didn't fully understand the clearance thing. Was it the cable guard that was on the way?

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003