Thread: Firearms

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firearms

I'm sure some of you guys also own a few guns here and there. Currently I own a Mossberg 835 12ga. Just found out this past weekend, that my Grandma and Aunt are going to be passing down some of my Grandpa's firearms as he is on the decline and they want them to stay safe and in the family.

As of right now I'm on the list for a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32ACP and a Smith&Wesson Model 59. Also will be receiving an authentic 1918 Trench Knife ... thing is pretty sweet. My Gram also mentioned she might look to pass on a Walther PPK 9mm. There is another Colt 1911 that I might be able to have as well.

Not sure what else is going to happen with the firearms, but he has a lot ... and by that I mean a lot! My cousin who was in the Marines will be receiving his M1 Garand and M14.

It's all sad to think about, but the positive side is that we are going to be able to keep a lot of what he has in the family.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but you will love shooting the 1911
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your grandfather but atleast you will have fond memories of him any time you handle one of those firearms.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. At least the firearms will stay in the family and be properly taken care of.
    My father has MESO that he caught from working in the engine rooms while serving in the Navy. He has been bringing over guns for me to store and take over just in case he passes away. Some of my family members have no clue about handling guns and two are Anti - gun. The guns are all willed to me and my mother. It's always good to be prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah things are still "ok" with him, he just is going downhill ... slow though. He was recently moved to a home because my grandma is unable to care for him like she has been for the past multiple years. He is also starting to show signs of Alzheimers so that is another reason for all of this.

He was the sheriff in our county when my mom was a kid and also served in the 82nd Airborne so a lot of his pieces carry military/law enforcement history. My wife isn't too big on guns yet because of her concerns with our young children but she is coming around to it. I'm really excited about the 1903 and just being able to carry on these family pieces.

Thanks all for the kind words though.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. I have a grandmother who is 96 and the same is happening with her. Hope things turn out well. That is a nice collection coming your way. Should be a great past down in generations.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com